Thursday, October 28, 2010

Near Death Terrors

 I missed the "Wear Purple Day" Memo. :) 
Love this picture of my pretty pretty pretty girl!
....my two pretty pretty pretty girls!

A good friend of mines mom was supposedly dying... I say that because she is now being moved back to the nursing home... she has had 9 children and none of them will even really hardly speak to her except my friend and her brother and only because they feel obligated by their Faith to care for her.  The story of their childhood is not painted lovely but very ugly.  Alot of hurt, pain,severe neglect etc... and all these years their mom, no matter how they have tried to care for her, she has been very mean and hateful to the 2 of them.  When she thought she was dying she wanted to call each one of her children and began to apologize to them...consequently 2 are coming down to see her but their hearts are still full of pain.
As me and another friend where there to be with our friend, her mom did not want us in her room at all... she would open her eyes and wave bye bye to us and say "Bye Bye, goodbye, you need to go" and when we didn't leave ... because our friend liked us there and needed us... she began to get highly agitated and said she couldn't breathe with us in there and my friend said "Mom, why can't you breathe" (she had on an oxygen mask and everything) she said "Because they are taking up all the oxygen in my room".... we couldn't help but giggle at that... it was rather funny.... maybe you might not think we should laugh at a dying womans comment like that but, well....frankly it was funny and she isn't exactly a kindly, sweet old lady whose dying...she then broke out into calling her daughter an ugly pig etc....
The next day a few of us went back...when the mom was very drugged on morphine and we sat with her, talked to her about God, talked to her about Heaven, and sang to her, brushed her hair, tried to minister to her spirit for about 4 hours. We obviously would of liked to do that when she was awake but, she wouldn't allow it.  When she was awake she was screaming in agony that she was dying and she cried out that she never ever ever in her wildest dreams thought dying would be this way and then she would scream and say its going up and down...I think she meant her spirit.... and then she would beg God to help her just one more time and then she would say she didn't want to go meet God because she was terrified of 'retribution'.  
It was really very agonizing to witness.... I know that people who 'know' God and have Peace with God are not at all in terror like that.  No way.  There is no reason to experience that terror when you are at peace with God. 

Take care and have a happy Friday! :)

5 comments:

  1. your poor friend, what a sad thing she is dealing with; what a sad childhood and relationship she had with her mother; (makes you wonder why she had nine children, but I'm thinking it had to do something perhaps with the times she was living in) what sad memories she will carry with her; I'm glad she has wonderful friends like you to be with her during this time.

    I'm not 100% convinced that the man who wrote 90 minutes in heaven actually was in heaven when he died. I read that part of his book (I didn't read the whole book I have to admit, I was just curious about what he said about heaven). I'm thinking 90 minutes in heaven and I don't see Jesus? Heaven is Jesus. I think the author said he sensed a presence that could be Jesus (forgive me it was several years ago that I read it) but I'm looking forward to seeing Jesus hopefully the minute I take my last breath here and my first "breath" in eternity. Does this make sense? So I'm not sure. Its between him and God what really happened, I'm just not sure.........

    loved the pictures of your girls! they are so precious!! and I think you looked splendid between the purple ladies :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post :-) she sounds a bit like good ol' Sandford (remember Sandford and Son)? Sorry for your friend. What a horrible thing to deal with.
    Our orphanage happened around the time of the Tsunami. We are co-laboring with a pastor there. He was doing worship and somebody came and beat him. He is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of your girls!!! We can identify with your friend's struggle with her Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately those who die without Christ have no hope, no peace, and no joy. How terrible it was for this woman.

    As far as the book, it is fiction. To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord. He did not go to heaven. There is nothing in Scripture that would ever support his story. Please do not think that this is an accurate, biblical, or true account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have removed the post and book reference. It is indeed controversial. :)

    ReplyDelete