Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Twinkies

 
I bought this book at our local Library...they always have some bookshelves with books in it for sale and I am a fan of Susanna Wesley although I've never read her Bio and so Wahlah!   I have been reading it for a few days and then yesterday I just so happened to notice the front page had a name on it...

As I open the book I see that it belonged to my friend and otherwise affectionately known as my "Twinkie".... had owned the book.... how fun is that to open a book that you have been wanting to read and see that it was once read and loved by a dear friend?  To see a familiar name.  I was so tickled pink.  :-)  
So as I went to my Twinkies Blogspot to link her page to the word "Twinkie"... I see her title is the same as mine... isn't that even double fun?  :)  Thanks back Twinkie! :)
( of course I am assuming I am the twinkie she is writing about... maybe she has another twinkie friend.. LOL...I"m going to go ahead and assume I am assuming correctly. I'm over confident like that.)

So, life is certainly going on fast by.  Funny how it does that.
Big hugs and giant well wishes!  :)

8 comments:

  1. What a great story! Great blessing! I am sure that book was good reading! I visited your friends website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! How fun to get a book you've wanted to read to find that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...is the book good? I love reading about women in history! My favorites are historical fiction...oooo do I love those! That is pretty funny about the book though! My mom bought a raincoat at a garage sale for ANnie & it belonged to a friend of ours who sold it about 15 years ago at her own garage sale & who knows how many sales later here we are...lovin' the coat ! :) It is funny how that works!!! Hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why we are twinkies....writing about each other and not even knowing it...hahaha!!!

    I am still trying to figure out if I gave that book away or if I loaned it out to someone who gave it away....I don't ever recall giving any books to the library...I usually give them to good will....hmmmmm

    Susannah Wesley is a woman to be admired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! Your blog is great. I'm excited to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool to read a book that your "Twinkie" read before you!! I checked out her blog; will have to go back there again and visit and spend more time. I think it is wonderful you guys are "Twinkies" for each other!! I heard somewhere how Susannah Wesley would pray with her apron over her head so her children wouldn't bother her (don't know if this was fact or fiction). Maybe I'll have to check into a bio about her.

    and you are right, life is going by fast!! where did this year go?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think of all the Twinkies there are in the world and the Twinkie who had the book before you was your Twinkie friend! Small world, isn't it?

    The Susanna Wesley bio sounds like a good read.

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is such a cool story!
    Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete