Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Catching Up & Up & Up... super easy gift ideas!!!!

  Hope everyone is finding joy and love in the beginnings of the Christmas holiday. :) 
Thank you for sticking with me and not canceling out of my blog due to the fact that I don't seem to get on here to often. I know its not so fun following a blog where the person doesn't update much. I have spurts of being on every day and then times of absences.  

Okay, so if your wunna my friends here locally, lookie what you will be getting for Christmas!
Although I am thinking I will make my own sugar cookie dough, freeze it and then wrap it in nice paper like this... has the dough recipe and all the instructions right here at Design Dazzle Blogspot.

I got a chuckle out of this one from Howdoesshe.com but I probably won't actually give it to anyone:
And in the daily life, Annah got her first library card... I haven't settled down any at all... there were some diversions but, I'm still thinking that I want to be a Missionary when I grow up.Tiffany is going to college to be an International Adoptions Worker and she wants to live on 'that side' not this side... she wants to be the person who is at a particular orphanage or orphanages and be the one who helps match up and find homes etc.... which means she is going to not be living in the USA. She graduates December 2011...thats only a year away... Alan is in South America ...it looks like my parents are going to have to bite the bullet and join the wagon because I think thats where we are all headed. There is a new base in Panama right in the heart of the jungle.... its possible that when I go visit Alan, Karmy and Elias in July that maybe I can stay at that base if they are in Panama and not Costa Rica.... they are discussing it. That would make me so happy. Then I could really get a feel for what I'm thinking I am wanting to do... and I continue to say "I" because Paul is still happy at work. :)  He is open after he retires but, as I always say...thats just tooooooooooooo far away.   Just think, someday you may click in here and find a picture of me in a hut! 
Annah's first Library card...  

"One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at the Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time." 
- John Piper

6 comments:

  1. I love that John Piper quote; I'm thinking I knew there was a reason not to be on Twitter or Facebook but I know I spend way tooo much time online reading blogs. I like the cookie dough idea for gifts; very clever! How cute Annah got a library card, it opens up so many doors of opportunity for her! best gift she could give herself! free books to read at her heart's content!! I don't pray as often as I should for you, Libby, but you are on my prayer list for whatever God wants you to do for missionary work, etc. I think it is awesome you want to go and I'm sure one day will be the right timing in his book.....in the meantime, I'm glad you are exploring some options.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, thank you so much!!! I am thrilled to be on a prayer list! :) I have it set in my heart and head to go away and live in the jungle but what if God has me just stay here and live on truffles the rest of my days? LOL... I need to resolve to that and find joy and delight in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sister Libby :-)

    Ya know I've been thinking about those sugar cookies. And what I'm thinking is you could send me a Walmart gift card and I'll buy some sugar cookie dough from them :-)

    And by the way, if you move to Panama I'm pretty sure you can carry on your blog without to much trouble from there :-)

    Brother Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is such a cutie!! lovely post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my first library card! I love the library. Sugar cookies sure sound good right about now. I hope that God moves in your situation that you can serve Him in a jungle hut. Be sure you are busy right where you are right now!

    ReplyDelete