Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wedding Joy

This is me and my mom by the Oak tree my parents planted the day I came home from the hospital over 40 years ago in good ole Norman,Oklahoma. :)  And thats the house they built.  We drove up and asked the nice lady if we could pose in front of it and she allowed  the intrusion.We were in Norman for a wedding.


Tiffany and Winnie have been friends since they were 3. They really did not like each other at all for many years... Winnie thought Tiffany was mean and Tiffany thought Winnie was terribly boring.  Both grew up to be absolutely neither mean nor boring.  We were neighbors but, Wins family moved away much to both girls glee... about 3 years later, when they were 9, we moved into our current cabin... right next door, albeit acres away to their cabin.  Both girls boo hoo'd bitterly. They did not want to be forced to be friends just because Winnie's mom and myself were and are dear friends...but, as time had changed and boredom demanded time together they grew into very close friends and Tiffany was Winnie's Maid of Honor. It was a spectacular wedding but aren't all weddings?  I cried, my mom cried... everyone cried.  It was just so beautiful.  There were so many giggles coming from the dressing room...it was just too cute.  
And at the Reception we had so much delightful fun and cherished the moments... because life rushes by us so fast. My mom, Tiffany and I drove up to Norman, stayed in a hotel and just enjoyed the time together. We have so much fun together, the three of us. I can't imagine things changing but they just do. 
So, is everyone done shopping?  Presents wrapped? 

The very purpose of Christ's coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men.  He came to die.  This is the heart of Christmas.
--Rev. Billy Graham

11 comments:

  1. How fun you got to see and take a pic of the tree your parents planted!

    I'm mostly done with Christmas shopping. Just need to get a few things. Mainly for Jeremy. I find men hard to buy for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time with your daughter.

    So, is everyone done shopping? Presents wrapped?

    You've got to be kidding!! I don't even start until December 24th :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree your parents planted when you were a newborn! how cool to have seen how big it had grown!! Awesome!! Congrats to Winnie and her new husband! Beautiful bride and maid of honor!! and I love the pictures of you and Tiffany together and Tiffany with your mom! All beautiful women! So neat you could have this special time together to celebrate such a joyous occasion!

    Love the quote from Billy Graham too; and so definitely true! Thank you Jesus for what you did for us!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing you folks did. I wish I had thought of planting a tree when my girls were born, but I don't have that imagination.

    However, to remind me of the care, nurturing, watering, time, patience, and God's sovereignty in growing a church, I am going to plant a tree when I actually plant my church this coming year.

    My dad lived in Norman for a short time when he was a boy. He was born in Gimon (OK panhandle) grew up in OK City.

    Looks like the wedding went well and everyone looked lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree picture is amazing. What a special thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I planted a tree 44 years ago when we were married. It was an oak. It was small. Now we can not touch hands if both of us hug it. May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the girls became friends. The photos are lovely.. I agree with Billy Graham. The heart of Christmas is that Chrsit came.
    God bless you. Crystal Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Your daughter and her friend are cuties. Very pretty.

    A few years ago I was walking my dog in town and I stopped in front of my childhood home. Just looking at it and remembering. The owner sheepishly came out of the house and asked, "Can I help you with something?" I explained that I lived there growing up...and he invited me in to look at the house! All those memories...the banister at the top of the stairs that still wobbled, the old wood crossbeams over the doors, the basement walls... It was awesome.

    I'll bet that tree brought back a lot of fond memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad things worked out so well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete