Friday, July 16, 2010

A moment to chat! :-)

This is MarJane. She is our new pet. She doesn't realize she is our pet but, we now call her our pet raccoon.   We put a bowl of goodies out for her daily, call her name and then wait for her to come out from under her little home area. She seems to always respond to us calling her and ventures out.   Raccoons are part of the bear family.   They are extremely intelligent even being able to unlock things, open doors and gates etc..
 Our new home. Barbie World.  Barbies and cars and Barbie horses, animals, all over the house, every inch of it.  Annah goes in spurts of what she plays with and currently its the land of Barbies. Many of them are missing feet because she chews them off??? What???


 On our way home yesterday Annah and I picked up a one legged man named Lonnie.  I have no idea what his story is. Maybe next time I'll ask.   He doesn't seem to have teeth or a tounge either so he can't talk, he writes things down in a notebook.  He seemed more worried about getting in our car than we did picking him up. He seemed very concerned that we might not  get him home, almost afraid.  I had picked him up before in the winter time in a different car and he was all bundled up and I assumed he was maybe a Vet  but this time when he looked at me I would almost think he was early 30's.  He was walking home very slowly on his crutches in the scorching heat wearing sweat pants of all things.  I wished I had had some cold water to give him but I didn't.  Lonnie looks, appearance wise,  like he would be homeless but he does have a house we drop him off at.  I worried about him alot yesterday and still today.  I worry because are people nice to him? Why was he walking?  Didn't someone love him enough to not have him walking in over 100 degree weather with obvious pain and only one leg?  Its one thing to be limited in limbs and other things and to be surrounded by the latest greatest medical technology to help you along and to have family that loves you to help you but, what about those people who are not able to do much for themselves and they are just left to themselves and treated as burdens?  Fortunately for Lonnie it seems he does have a home to go into.  He looks very scrappy, like he isn't very well cared for but,atleast he isn't on the streets.  I believe that heaven is such a place for those like Lonnie.  When we dropped him off he said "God bless you"....granted, like I said, he can't talk because he doesn't seem to have a tounge but, I understood what he was saying and I felt completely blessed.  



"An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle" - Dr. Francis Crick, Noble Prize winning scientist credited with codiscovering DNA. By examining one cell's complexity, Crick concluded it would be impossible for that cell to have evolved, even if one assumed the earth has been around for four and a half billion year Crick's conclusion is that there is no way evolution could of ever happened.  Despite more than seventy-five years of teaching that life came into being through evolution, Crick said that it could never have happened. Never.

7 comments:

  1. Libby,
    This story touched my heart so much. Thank you for being an angel to Lonnie. That might have been Jesus and you picked him up. I'm almost in tears over this. God bless you Sister!

    What a sweet raccoon, too. Although the ones I've met aren't very sweet. We humanely trapped one that was peeing through our ceiling and I tried to give him some cherry tomatoes and he ROARED at me. I left that boy in my dust!! :)

    Have a great weekend my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so sweet of you, Libby and Annah, to pick up Lonnie; makes you wonder how many others just drove on by without even looking at him :(

    I think we are always going to have Lonnies or similar in our lives for us to be able to show compassion for (hopefully) like Jesus says in Matthew 25 about doing something for the least, we are doing it for him. I'm sure your gesture made Jesus smile :)

    love the Barbies, but not sure about the feet being chewed off.......too cute though

    what a sweet racoon! Although I would be leery of having a racoon around here with Koda, I have heard they are highly intelligent animals indeed!

    nice to have a post from you Libby :)

    btty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sister Libby! I thought maybe you quit blogging. It's nice to see you back. It looks like you returned with a new friend to blog about. How did you come up with the name MarJane? That sounds like something I used to smoke back in my BC days.
    I always thought Raccoons were all named Rocky? How's you local snake population doing?

    It's hard to figure why anyone wants to follow my blog? I do remember when it was just you, me, Ian and a few others. Everything was so simple back in the old days. Hey! wait a minute! that was only 9 months ago! It seems like we've been blogging friends for a 100 years or so. Thanks for sticking with me. God bless you ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a wonderful act of kindness. Your post made me think about a documentary I just watched last night on Netflix called "The Cats Of Mirikitani" about an 80 year old homeless Japanese man that roamed the streets of NYC. He was a wonderfully talented artist who had been exiled to a camp when he was just 19 years old. These "camps" were where the US government put Japanese people living in America when we went to war with Japan in WWII. Problem is Mr. Mirikitani was an American citzen. It's very touching. If you like documentaries you might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pet is real cute!! we once had a fox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came across your blog and thought I'd say Hello from a sunny (at the moment) England. Love Marjane, so cute. The story about Lonnie reminded me of a the time a dishevelled man asked me for some money so he could buy a cup of tea. I said I had no change and walked away only to hear the Lord's voice so clear say "it could have been me". You never forget when the Lord say's something to you and you know if there's a next time you have to act on it. Have a blessed week. Jean

    ReplyDelete