Thursday, September 23, 2010

Left Ajar


Sooooo, I left the ice cream sandwiches untouched ...mostly.   Annah had a few left over the next day but, I went to Kroger and bought the above for me.... but, sadly, I bought SO much stuff for the freezer that the freezer couldn't shut all the way and I didn't notice that it was slightly ajar. My overstuffed, unclosed freezer left me with melted ice cream in the morning. So now, when I helped myself to a Drumstick, it was melted and gooey.
 Its been.... YEARS since I have homeschooled.  We homeschooled Alan all the way to him leaving for the Mission Field with YWAM.  Tiffany until our church began a Private School in her 7th grade year. She is now at college. So to start over with Annah left me feeling anxious and excited.  There are so many different curriculums for homeschoolers now.  When Alan was little, homeschooling was SO new that I couldn't let him out of the house to be seen during school hours...people didn't understand it.  They felt kids who were homeschooled would be lacking socialization and education. But now, 20 years later, its very acceptable to homeschool and easy to get into any college as many home educated kids are more than equipped for college. I am,however, not a fan of the new movement called "Unschooling".
After pouring over as many curriculums as I could, I fell deeply in love with "Heart of  Dakota and it has not let me down.  It tells me everything to do and I do it.  It provides me with a full Kindergarten year for Annah.  

If you are not lost, what do you want with a Saviour? Should the shepherd go after those who never went astray? Why should the woman sweep her house for the bits of money that were never out of her purse? No, the medicine is for the diseased; the quickening is for the dead; the pardon is for the guilty; liberation is for those who are bound: the opening of eyes is for those who are blind. How can the Saviour, and His death upon the cross, and the gospel of pardon, be accounted for, unless it be upon the supposition that men are guilty and worthy of condemnation? The sinner is the gospel’s reason for existence. You, my friend, to whom this word now comes, if you are undeserving, ill-deserving, hell-deserving, you are the sort of man for whom the gospel is ordained, and arranged, and proclaimed. God justifieth the ungodly.--- Charles Spurgeon

4 comments:

  1. I love that Charles Spurgeon quote, so very true!! that homeschool curriculum looks good too Libby. Very user friendly :) I saw a report on the news yesterday at the gym about a lot of people are getting into homeschooling these days and for the first time in a long time moral values wasn't the main reason, but that people didn't like the way teachers taught in public schools. I found that interesting. and you are right, homeschooling has come a long way in a few "short" years. I was looking at catalog of courses here through our city and they had some things (sporting type activities) for homeschoolers. I thought that was neat.

    too bad about the ice cream :( drumsticks are one of my favorites.....

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the ice cream! Glad you like Heart of Dakota! I really liked it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of great posts up here and also a lot of great pics!! I love ywam too - my husband and i taught at a dts in India a few years back. It was a lot of fun. I also ran into that problem in India (my food addictions). After 2 months there I was a lot thinner and I wasn't addicted to anything but clean water ;-) Its for sure something to think about. Great posts, great perspective and great depth in your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I receive a blessing every time I visit your blog. May God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete