Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Adoption days, Puppies & Battleship

Annah and I were blessed today to get to go to an adoption ceremony! This little one who was adopted today just turned two and has been in foster care since she was 6 months old. She now has a forever family! It was so sweet watching her give her forever mommy kisses and hugs. I know her history and it is unimaginable what she went through the first few months of her life. To see her so happy and thriving, dancing, giggling, running around in her long pretty orange dress touched my heart so much. It was truly beautiful! We get to go to another adoption ceremony this Friday for the adoption of a little 9 month old baby girl. Same family! This will be their 3rd little girl they have been SO blessed to be able to adopt in the past 2 years!
This little dog...the one covered in blankets and being smothered by Annah, was found on our road when she was a puppy. She is about 1 and a half now. I gave her away twice but one family the mom didn't want another dog and the other one, their big dog didn't like her... I'm so glad! She is just the best dog ever. Annah paints her nails, dresses her up, puts leashes on her and walks her everywhere, covers her in blankets and makes her stay, feeds her things I probably don't know about like olives or something and this little doggy just takes it all in stride. Every little girl needs a dog like "Izzy".

Proof that I just won this Battleship game...by ONE peg.... one peg. Tiffany had a two boater and I had a three boater and I beat her to that last peg. Tiffany and I are highly, emotionally charged competitive..... I have to remind myself that I am suppose to play nice. I am a Christian mom... I have to lead by example... I can't go throwing things.... I try to suffer in silence and display grace when I lose but Tiffany says my forehead turns all red. :)

And, as always... I must display Annah's photography because I think she is just simply amazing.
Self-portrait

Her dollies

No comments:

Post a Comment