Sunday, August 9, 2009

What I want to always remember

I have been explaining to Annah, recently, that she is a gift from God through adoption. Because we foster, she has some understanding that we take care of babies when their mommies can't. I tell her little chunks in simple sentences. One thing we do is pray for her birth mom often because I want her to have love and compassion for her and prayer is one thing that can nurture love for another person. I want Annah to have great empathy & understanding for Regina as opposed to a feeling of rejection or anger which can happen to children who are adopted.

I tell her that she did not grow in my tummy but she grew in my heart. Of course being 4 years old she wants to know all about babies being in the tummy and why she didn't grow in my tummy.

One day out of the blue she came up to me, put her little hand on mine and said "Mommy, I missed you when I was in Regina's tummy".... I choked up... I told her I missed her too when she was in Regina's tummy. It was just one of those moments I want to always remember.



Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

  1. How precious!! LOVE the pictures, and the quote! And I especially love Annah's quote!!

    ReplyDelete