Saturday, August 22, 2009

Closed Chapter



Gosh. This was tough. Moving Tiffany into her apartment.... I had no idea it would be so tough. I had no idea I would cry tears that could fill a jar. I had no idea I would be literally choking back tears. I do not cry easily. But this time I could not stop. The tears flowed down my cheeks and felt like warm rain pouring down.

Tiffany has been gone alot in the past. She has been on mission trips. She lived in Panama for almost 5 months. She recently traveled to France for several weeks with my mom. I never shed a tear.

But, her truck was always in the driveway. Her room always full of her stuff. Now, her truck is gone and her room is empty. The reality of this has hit full force. She has moved on.

She will never return into our home as a daughter to whom lives under our roof and that we have as a child...if she ever returns it will be to visit and as an adult living on her own.

Tiffany also always called when she was on her way home. It didn't even matter if it was noon...she would call to say she was on her way home. Now... I won't know if she is 'home' or on her way home. She is still texting me and telling me things... like she texted to let me know she was going to the movies with her new roommates ( 3 beautiful Christian girls- Thank God!!!! I prayed and prayed and prayed for her to have Christian roommates!) . But soon she will be to busy to do that... maybe...maybe not..but its all new to her too... she is used to coming home and us talking about everything... she has to also adjust to being on her own...its got to be difficult on her too.

I am very grateful for who Tiffany has become. She is beautiful inside and outside. She is sweet yet strong. Funny and intelligent. She loves God and people. I will miss her presence and comings and goings around here tremendously. I know that God will provide a lamp unto her feet and light unto her path. God bless my child as she is now on her own. And God....Watch over her, guard her fiercely and your plans and purpose be fulfilled in her life.

New Apartment to decorate!

Me in the mirror of her new place

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Libby! Tears are good, so let them come. You and I both know God has amazing plans for your sweet daughter! And your house will always be "home"!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby pictures are adorable. It's so hard to let them go...and yet that's exactly what we are to do...

    Tiffany is beautiful...inside as well as outside. You've raised her well.

    ReplyDelete