Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can you smell the flowers?


Paul and Annah planted Marigolds in a planter and put them out on our deck.  I just love Marigolds!  

 Annah asked me to make her a sandwich. She asked for toasted raisin bread  with a slice of cheese in the middle.  Ew. :)
When James Calvert went out as a missionary to the cannibals of the Fiji Islands, the ship captain tried to turn him back, saying, "You will lose your life and the lives of those with you if you go among such savages." To that, Calvert replied, "We died before we came here."

Have a great big happy day with bubbles and sunshine!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! I love the flowers and I needed them today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flowers! :) That raisin toast looks good, too! yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty flowers! I think I would like the raisin bread, not sure I would like it with cheese in the middle of it. James Calvert's comment reminded me of those 5 missionaries that went to a tribe years ago (drawing a blank with their names right now) but I heard a story about them the other day. They had guns with them but they resolved not to use them against the natives because they knew if they died they were going to heaven, but the natives would most likely not. I'm thinking James Calvert had that same mentality.

    (and yes, it would be soooooo cool if we could talk over a cup of coffee or tea :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard that James Calvert quote before.
    I think I'll do a little research on him.

    Thanks Libby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice flowers! ours are still frozen in the ground and covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete