Thursday, March 4, 2010

Key less Cash less society... ?

My parents got a new car. A Lexus 2010 very sporty looking SUV. Beautiful. Stunning.  It kinda blew me away....when we went out in it, the entire inside looked like a computer... key less...push a button and the engine revs...my mom doesn't even have to use a key to get inside, she just walks up to it and by having this thing... a microchip piece type thing in her pocket or purse, it opens automatically for her.  When she gets in, the seat automatically lifts her up and moves her into the position she programmed it to be in.  The GPS system is built in the size of  a laptop computer...it is also a navigation system so when she puts the car into reverse it switches to camera mode and she can see everything behind her...if she gets to close to something it beeps. The whole thing is programmed... we wanted to go to a fried pie place in Gainesville, TX so she looked it up on the computer and it downloaded directly to her car and onto her GPS system.

AS she was approaching the car, key less...I thought...wow, why not just ditch that microchip thing in her purse and get it implanted under her skin in her hand.... its all programmed....how convenient right?   I started to think how possible the whole chip thing could be.... I mean i've always seen the possibility...but this seems so much like technology, not like the evil mark of the beast that we hear about...Or  like the movies where everyone lines up and gets this hideous looking 666 mark on their hand or forehead and the Christians are beheaded if caught and refuse to get it.... this seems more tricky...more confusing.... because honestly, I have always been taught the mark of the beast would be this scary thing we are forced to get if we want to eat ....but this seems like a more technical move into a new generation...high tech... awesome technology... If technology comes up with a way to put all our stuff on a chip and implanted into our hand... how convenient... a little chip that will open my car... scan at the grocery store, lock my house as I step away.... and truthfully, it doesn't seem beastly....
I can see how 10 years from now technology could be such that our world does become "Keyless".... so high tech that everything is readily available on a little chip under the skin. My husband sais that people won't go for that because they don't want  the government to be all in their business ... but the next generation will love it... they will see it as super quick, super convenient and probably absolutely super necessary to be able to buy or sell... sure you can buy 'old fashion' cars with keys and perhaps for awhile use a bank 'card' but can't you see technology moving towards an absolutely cashless, cardless society... and to even buy a new car without a key you need some sort of microchip and if a replacement chip cost a hundred bucks or more, why  not just implant it under your skin??????

If it looks so convenient and innocent... more or less... not scary and beastly...a forced thing...how exactly will people know that they are taking a mark of the beast and how will one know it is actually THE Mark of THE Beast and not just way super cool technology... my husband says one will know...we shall know... but I'm not so sure .... it looks so wonderful and perhaps, what if...disguised even... I  personally can't see how a little chip with all my information and car key and house key etc... under my skin is equal to a Mark of the Beast... but could it be???

"Jesus's presence always brought astonishing peace to me no matter how bad the situation I was in.  Whenever I was in a prison, he was always there for me.  He transformed the jail into a heaven and the burdens became blessings".  ---Sundar Singh  - Disappeared taking the gospel to Tibet in 1929.





4 comments:

  1. that car sounds neat Libby!! but I know what you mean. I do wonder how "innocent" that mark will seem to be, but ultimately how deadly. No joke, I have thought that social network sites like Facebook would be a great way for the anti-Christ to spread his message; makes you wonder how many friends he will have (not me since I'm not really on it)

    we are getting to be such a cash less society. I actually was appalled (which is funny because I used to write dozens of them) that someone was writing a check at the grocery store the other day and not using their debit/credit card. Then I had to stop and think perhaps they were wise for not using a debit/credit card. It slowed down the line with that person writing a check and that was what appalled me. Gotta re-think my thinking for sure

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote by Singh! I agree with you - our enemy is very sly! I'm sure things will not happen as we expect. But your husband is right, God's Spirit will lead us if we keep our eye on Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's interesting you use a quote by Sundar....guess who we just started reading about this week...yep...Sundar.

    We've read him before and it's amazing...I am actually looking forward to a second read cause I always catch things I didn't notice before.

    AS for the 666...I've always said technology is good but does have the potential to be used for evil...I agree with your hubby...we will know. However, I do believe with each generation it gets easier and easier to accept [all the technology] so that is a bit scary...Guess that's why we need to be constantly seeking after Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 666 thing is a very real possibility. Hopefully one that we won't see anytime soon, but technology does move pretty quickly these days.


    I very much enjoyed the quote by Sundar, too!

    Congrats to your parents on the nifty new car. I'm sure it's VERY WELL deserved! :)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete