Monday, March 29, 2010

Headless in Texas

Good Gravy this has been a hectic weekend.  First, we have had a raccoon break into our chicken coop after 12 years of never having this happen. I will spare you the details of the headless rooster.....because thats exactly what raccoons do.... and the feathers all over the place from the brutal chase and attack.... okay and so I won't spare you.  So I found the body in one spot and the head in another and before I could even catch my breath my dog was happily in the coop, grabbed the head and took off. When I found her she was gnawing on it with its comb sticking out of her mouth. I was aghast to say the least.No kisses from her that day. No way.

And of course just all the other events of life swarming and begging for attention.
Seems some days I have an hour or two  to spare and others I have none. 


 I was driving home from Jail ministry and I stopped at Kroger.  I knew to pass by the ice cream. I knew it. Because I am not able to have self control with ice cream. I do not have that turn off switch in my brain to compel me to stop.  I will eat it until its gone, all of it....whether its a gallon or a cup... There is no other food that causes me this problem. I can control anything else but ice cream.  I bought a box of drumstix and Ben and Jerrys ...as long as it has chocolate and nuts I'm good. The nuttier and chocolatier (thats not a word, I know)  the better....got home, did all the things I do and then sat down and ate all of it. The box, the tub....all gone.  I am still living off of it today. I have not needed food because the ice cream is still providing essential calcium for my bones and sugar for my energy. Its all good. 

 "Never pity missionaries; envy them. They are where the real action is — where life and death, sin and grace, Heaven and Hell converge." — Robert C. Shannon

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -- to the poor headless rooster and to YOU eating all that ice cream! I'd say it's a good thing you run, huh? LOL

    Have a blessed week Ms. Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, Libby...I really hope your fence around the chickens is really well securred now! Not just from the raccoon, but your dog now too! I grew up with chickens on our farm and it was always a big deal if our dogs or nearby dogs got the taste of chicken!!

    I love ice cream too...can't imagine someone who doesn't!! I'm with you on the chocolate and nuts too!! Yummmm!! I do all I can to keep it out of the house, though. I figure ice cream can be a treat "out" with the kids...if it was here they'd get it even less b/c I'd eat it all!!!

    Thanks for stopping by! We're making the world a little smaller still!! Peace, Dustine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That poor rooster! Hope you're recovering from the sight of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you about the ice cream; hubby calls the pints "single servings" even though it is designed for four servings; so easy to sit there and eat it all (and that's why I'm dieting)

    poor rooster! poor you to have to see that trauma!!! those racoons are soooo vicious! do be safe!!

    you are sooo active with serving, homeless shelter, jail ministry, missions, etc. Awesome!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no control when it comes to ice cream either!! I can't buy it or keep it in the house! I'm glad you enjoyed it though! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad about that poor, headless rooster! You are cracking me up about the ice cream! That is a scream!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  7. raccoons are mean little boogers. They come around were we go camping and break into anything that has food in it. They sneak around at night and scare the heck out of me! I usually
    send Mrs. Geezer out to chase them away. Raccoons are no match for Mrs. Geezer. She's one tough old granny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Libby! Love your blog! Your wit, and wisdom is so refreshing. The whole rooster crime scene made me remember when racoons got into the homing pigeon coop in our back yard about 12 years ago. all I will say is ... poor pigeons. I'm totally with you on the ice cream no-will-power thing. Although my flavor of choice is vanilla :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you decided not to kiss the dog after that little snack......

    Ice Cream mmmmmm.... now there's a yummy thought!

    ReplyDelete