Monday, March 1, 2010

Monkey Monday Lollipops and Bubbles


 Sometimes when someone new is in my midst....in my circle of friends or church or wherever I have circles of familiar people.... I will watch them, the newbie...observe them because if they are in that closely with a group of people I am with then I just tend to want to know them better... one thing I have found that makes a pathway to a person wider... friendlier ....is laughter... not just a casual smile and chuckle but real gut laughing were your whole face lights up and your laughing so hard your vulnerable... you can see so much about a person when they laugh....
  I believe Jesus was full of joy, He was charismatic or He would not of had crowds following Him.... He was contagious...children loved Him....
John 15:11....   "I have told you this so that MY joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete".. -Jesus...       
Today.... this morning...I was at the homeless shelter.... front office... a guy, I think from Home Depot came in to finish painting one of the rooms and so I gave him the volunteer sheet and he said ... "is it 8:30".... and I said... "no its March 1rst".......... OH MY GOSH...What???????  He said "no I mean the time"... at that moment I was like 'oh gosh...' so I turned and looked at the clock and wanted to say something profound like "no its 8:32" but I just shook my head in total agreement... the office manager  said "tell me you didn't just say that"... I was like "yes I so said that"..... because in my small brain, I was thinking he was asking if it was February 30....like duh no..March 1rst hello. 8:30 is not even close to Feb.30...  That story was spread. Laughter.. .. not the type of laughter I was talking about above... but just laughter that didn't feel joyful to me.  :-)  But, I got over it. I only made everyone else look good and thats my goal in life. :) 
 


5 comments:

  1. I have several Christian sisters who are blondes and they are all super intelligent just like you.
    But every once in a while they do have a blonde moment.

    I'm sure glad no one tells blonde jokes anymore. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I could see myself doing this. I agree with you about Jesus. I think he really enjoyed life and people and had such compassion for them. Oh to have that compassion! awesome you help out at the homeless shelter, such a blessing I am sure!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great goal in life! As you make other people look good, you also shine. It doesn't matter if you are blonde or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that verse! It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby loves to tell blonde jokes...

    And Libby...your story would make a great blonde joke...just saying...:-)

    I love to laugh and I know God wants us to laugh cause even the Bible talks about how laughter is like medicine to our bones...

    I always ponder on how the disciples just up and left their work to follow Jesus...and we know it wasn't because he was the best looking guy around...it's like now days...I love to be around someone who exhibits Jesus...there is something about them that draws you to them...if it's that strong in someone who is mirroring Jesus, just imagine what it is was like for those who were actually around Jesus...

    ReplyDelete