Monday, June 14, 2010

But thats not what I asked for

Seriously, isn't this address label so cute?  Its time for me to re-order some. They have lots o lots of faces and eyes and hair colors and styles and you create your family and stick em on a label. Just go to AmazingLabels.Com and create your own. You can do Christmas labels, We are moving labels... Do I hear Fun!!!
I made matching sleeveless tunic shirts for Annah and I. It was fun wearing them to church. :o)  I am making her oodles of pajama sets and little tunic sets. They are so easy to make, in about an hour and half.  Of course I cheat with a serger.  :)  Sergers make life of sewing very easy but, if it weren't for Paul I'd be lost once they needed new thread. Those things are just to difficult to thread....even little bitty needles INSIDE ... But they are wonderful!!!!

 We had a very very very very sad occurrence in our family.... up all night, I don't feel like blogging about it but, I did sure beg God for a miracle. The intervention and divine instant power of a the miracle I had in mind did not occur.  I knew it could of. Sometimes things seem so random and it seems God picks and chooses but if He does or if He does not, I am sure that "No matter how deep the darkness, God is deeper still" (Corrie Ten Boom) and I most assuredly know that when I seek I will find  and that for me is one of the most profound verses that I carry with me in my heart and on my lips. No matter how much I don't understand, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that when I seek, I will find the answer to whatever it is troubling me. God will show me. And I know that regardless of what I want to happen, God is creator. God is God.  I don't want to breathe without Him so regardless of any disappointment or sorrow I feel in not having an intervention that I wanted, it does not change that God has always been and always will be the most important breath I breathe and suffering, pain, disappointments  are nothing even near as comparing to the great love He has poured out to me. If God stopped listening to me today, if the the rest of my life I heard no more from Him then He would still be my Hero. He would still have my loyalty, my devotion and my life.  But I know that He will never disappear from my life nor stop hearing or caring.  God will always be near. There may be times I think He has gone off and forgot about me or for a moment looked away just long enough for something really painful to happen but in my walk with Him through many trials  He has always picked me up and never left me feeling utterly abandoned.  Seek and you will find.  Its that simple. Seek and don't give up and you will find God and you will find His heart for you and in those moments, there is no doubt of His presence, His great love and His kindness...ever.

"In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit." Anne Frank

10 comments:

  1. You are quite the sewer...errrrr...seamstress! I am sorry for the grief you are currently encountering. Don't ever give up on God...hold His unfailing word close to your heart. I am praying for your right now (as I pause).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw you over at Wylie's blog and decided to come check you out. Loved this post. And I loved this quote: "In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit." Anne Frank

    I'll be back. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those mother-daughter dresses look comfy and so cute!! always fun to get some new outfits especially if you made them for Annah. I'm so sorry about the grief you are experiencing Libby. I don't know why God answers one thing and not another, but you are right, he is in control and he always knows what is best and always sees the big picture in things we might not understand. Just keep trusting in him......
    (I'm an email away if you need to "talk")

    hugs to you all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Libby,

    I LOVE that you write that there is something wrong & then you just ozz of praise for God! I feel so the same way. He will deliver you through the fire & you will be refined. That is from Beth Moore's Daniel study...I just LOVED that study!!! But I will pray for you right when I hit post. Sending love your way! You girls are WAYYYY too cute in your matching shirts...I didn't even know you are a sewer too! You amaze me Libby! So glad to have you as a friend!
    Love-lib

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Libby, I just said a prayer for you and I hope everything works out for you and your family.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember God is too wise to make a mistake, and too loving to be unkind. All that He does or doesn't do is for His glory and for our good. Romans 8:28-29 are great verses to hang on to but very hard when we are extremely disappointed or hurt, but as the night becomes day, and the grief begins to receed, cling to them and continue to give God glory and praise.

    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The matching shirts are adorable! I pray you feel a special touch from God today and that His presence would be so close you could hear His breath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you!!! God is good always & in all ways! Love the tops!!! Awesome!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm sorry for your loss whatever it is. standing in faith can be very hard, but the fruit is always well worth the labor.
    your daughter looks like she is quite proud to show off that top. Very nice!! i wish i could sew like that....... as you can see from a few posts ago (i can't). blessings..

    ReplyDelete