Sunday, June 27, 2010

Flashbacks & Recent Read

Flashbacks of Annah's recent party.....Melting gummy worms ....Because of the heat and because they were literally melting, when you ate them, they squished disgustingly between your teeth. You should try it sometime.... engaging in conversations with great friends, lots of swimming,Happy newly 5 year old girl.....
 
 
Happiest gift of all is her big sis coming home to visit and be at her party!

I just read this book, A Grace Disguised. I bought it off of Ebay. I really recommend it to anyone to read even if their life is still and calm and I highly suggest it in the hands of someone who has suffered a loss of a loved one.
The author, Jerry Sittser, was on his way home with his wife, mom and 4 children when a drunk driver collided with them killing his wife, his mom and his 4 year old little girl. 3 generations gone in a moment.  He provides such insight in the entire emotional process he went through with God and his entire existence in the midst of emotional numbness. I read this book when I was reading on how Steven Curtis Chapman was greatly helped by it after the tragic loss of his 5 year old daughter, Maria.  

Some reviews say:  "This is the single most reflective and redemptive book on sorrow and loss I have ever read" - Bill Hybels

"With profound insight into tragedy and forgiveness, grief and grace, justice and mercy, Jerry Sittser leads us through the darkness of loss and pain and into the light of grace". - Max DePree

Have courage for the great sorrows in life, and patience for the small ones. And when you have laboriously accomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace, God is awake.- Victor Hugo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like th party was a sucess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that Annah has the makings of a physique of a future swimming or track and field star. In that third picture from the top, it looks as though she has pretty muscular (for her age) arms, chest, and shoulders. Is that just the picture playing tricks, or is that an accurate rendering of her physique? What a cute little girl. All smiles!!! Great job, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pool looks so refreshing! Thanks for the reading recommendation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that book sounds awesome; I need to check it out, thanks for the review of it Libby! I love Annah's smile! I'm so glad you were able to pull together her party like you did! that pool looks so welcoming; I think I'll pretend I jumped into it!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete