Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hiding the goods

I buy this stuff for Tiffany...this nutella.  Its chocolate and hazelnut stuff.... I never even tried it till today and today I mixed it into some peanut butter and put it on a graham cracker and couldn't believe how good it is... this stuff is going in my suitcase to Costa Rica. I have been told to take my own chocolate because they don't really have anything chocolaty like I, as an over indulged American would like.  So, I am seriously going to try and get a few weeks of chocolate into the country.  This stuff is really rich so it only takes a bit and I'm happy as a pig in a blanket. Chocolate is for my mental well being.  I figure when I mix chocolate with organic peanut butter I am eating healthy.
Which brings to mind the really great book, "The Sneaky Chef" ...as a matter of fact, Mrs. Geezer should probably buy this book to cook for Mr. Old Geezer.  Although it is strategies for hiding healthy food into kids favorite meals, I think it would work for all the Old Geezers and husbands out there too.  I saw the author on the 700 Club and she showed some of her recipes and it was really really really good. I was amazed that I personally haven't thought of this myself...simply marvelous....like an invention or something. She offers several free recipes online. Here is the link to Speedy Stovetop Lasagna....lots of good stuff hidden inside.

“In modern day evangelism, this precious doctrine [of regeneration] has been reduced to nothing more than a human decision to raise one’s hand, walk an aisle, or pray a “sinner’s prayer.” As a result, the majority of Americans believe that they’ve been “born again” (i.e., regenerated) even though their thoughts, words, and deeds are a continual contradiction to the nature and will of God.”
- Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. I don't know about that. First, of all I for one do not like chocolate. I am not sure of anything organic yet. It is going to take me awhile.

    Now, that is all the Old Geezer needs, is Mrs Old Geezer sneaking up on him again and hiding something healthy in his food. That beats all I have ever heard. I think I am going to have to warn the Old Geezer - these conspiracies against husbands are forever rising up. When will it end?

    Washer's quote is so true. The majority of our evangelical churches today are filled with people who are not believers. Many of these churches are pastored by men who are not believers.

    Matthew 7:21 is one of the most tragic, sobering, haunting, and scary verses in the New Testament. Many will say unto me... He wil say, I never knew you. The verb means at no time under any situation did they have a salvific relationship with God. It gives me the chills to just think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, Nutella is wonderful! I wonder if they sell it in Costa Rica. I find it in a lot of places we've traveled overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the chocolate Libby! I never tried Nutella, next time I go to the store though I'm going to check into it. that cookbook sounds interesting too. I know that it has been recommended to shred veggies to throw into meatloaf for kids to get some veggies to eat

    bet you are excited for your upcoming trip to Costa Rica!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooooooooooove Nutella!!!! When I'm feeling very sorry for myself I find myself having to "let go of the bottle"... I'll eat the whole thing while watching a tear-jerker movie... NOT good for the figure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chocolate. I also like the comment about being born again and not acting like it. May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete