Friday, June 11, 2010

Vibrams, Poohead me, The Road

I can not believe what a poo poo head I have been and let time just flush away and its been forever since i've been here. Forever. Feels like forever.  I don't even know what I've accomplished or done but it seems every single day in June is rapidly already disappearingl. I did get my Vibram Five Finger Shoes and I LOVE them.  I got horrible bloody dripping heel blisters....but the shoes are amazing and my heels are adjusting. When I run, I feel one with my trail. I can feel slight little bumps and shells and rocks but not enough to cause pain. However, my trail is now laced with little bloody band aids and first aid tape that have fallen off my heels as I jog. :)   Do I hear  "EW".  :) 

Paul and I watched the movie "The Road".... anyone see it?  It was one of the most disturbing movies I have seen in  a very very very long time.  I tend to have dreams alot of an world that has been destroyed ....the destruction of roads and houses,buildings etc... and in these dreams there is always a survival aspect and I see people sleeping or just being wherever they can find ... so when I saw the beginning of the movie I could really relate to so much...just because it looked just like in my dreams...UNTIL... and something I never ever factored in and my brain probably never could even draw from any source or any thing that would even factor it in... cannibalism.  And one scene... when he breaks into a locked cellar and its full of  people starving, unclothed, chained and waiting to be a food source, and the big sink of rich blood that looked incredibly and eerily real...I almost couldn't get my brain to wrap around it... and some reviews are saying its a Christian type evangelism film.... Why??? I mean seriously, God is only mentioned one time and the old man is saying God must of left.  Maybe a post rapture film at best but the little boy wouldn't of been in it. I loved the kindness of the boy though... he wanted always to help people and his dad just wanted to survive.




I'm on my way to visit you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!




"We can scarcely indeed look into any part of the sacred volume without meeting abundant proofs that it is the religion of the Affections which God particularly requires....Joy...is enjoined on us as our bounden duty and commended to us as our acceptable worship.... A cold...unfeeling heart is represented as highly criminal"....  William Wilberforce


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new runners. However, I think I will pass on the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back! Weird shoes, never saw anything like em before. Great quote from Wilberforce. Have you read Jonathan Edward's Religious Affections? Great book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Sister Libby!

    Thanks for the movie review.
    I'll be sure not to watch..."The Road"

    ReplyDelete
  4. didn't hear about the Road, but I'm thinking I might pass on it; I can't see it as an evangelism type film myself, but what do I know? glad the shoes are somewhat working out! I'm glad you posted, I thought I missed something and you were gone on a trip and I had forgotten about it or something (that happens a lot these days at my age, LOL)

    have a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete