Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Minor itty bitty thangs that create small facial tics

So the truth is is that I lost my camera.  Where is it?  I have looked everywhere. 
Anyways. 
I have been planning a birthday party for Annah, her 5th, for a month and parties and groups of people are my one .... my rare one thing that really make me stressed out. I don't usually ever host anything or have parties ever because I just end up with some sort of nervous tic or something...  Trying to accommodate big groups and have enough food etc... no, its just my one thing... but people have to have birthday parties for their children, its what normal people, good moms, usually do and so I had to do it and I couldn't just have a small thing, she wanted "EVERYONE" she knows to be invited from the young to the old. And although I try not to spoil the little darling, I like very much to make her happy so I began the laborious task of trying to plan a party but I did it low key, Way low key to maintain my sense of sanity... ..nothing big... just a party at the largest park in Texas which happens to be in my hood.... its free, has a water splash park area, giant playground... my friend Debbie O   offered to bring an awning and some tables... we were bringing in pizzas, weenies, drinks,cakes etc....  sent out the Evite  weeks in advance.... and guess what... we get to the park ....did I mention the biggest park in Texas???? and so we get there and its closed... C L O S E D...for a few days.  OHMYGOSH.
As if thats the worse thing that can happen to a person right? So trivia but in the land of Libby it was a meaningful moment of OHMYGOSH!!!!!!  So we called everyone and said, meet us at Bethany park.... everyone, in the scorching heat...by 11 am its scorching.... covered in sweat, humid, hot, everyone gets out of their car with their children and we are at the Bethany Park and we realize its just SO hot... and its very unfriendly for children as the pond is right there, a huge pond.... inviting small children to curiously get too close... so then my friend says her mom is out of town and she lives near by (most of us, though this is our hood, still live in the country 30 minutes away) has a pool and we decided to be like teenagers and crash her moms house and have a big pool party... so we did.  :-)  It was very  nerve wracking for me none the less, I was surprised how I stayed calm although i'm not sure if I was calm or just catatonic. 
But, it was all very good, very close friends, like family and so they were understanding and it was all good and I say having a  pool party was even better than a water splash thing.  

So now Annah is officially 5. :-) 



Two blondes were going to Disneyland .
They were driving on the Interstate when they saw the sign that said  Disneyland LEFT.
They started crying and turned around and went home.


Many people think that the mark of an authentic Christian is doctrinal purity; if a person's beliefs are biblical and doctrinally orthodox, then he is a Christian. People who equate orthodoxy with authenticity find it hard to even consider the possibility that, despite the correctness of all their doctrinal positions, they may have missed the deepest reality of the authentic Christian life. But we must never forget that true Christianity is more than teaching - it is a way of life. In fact, it is life itself. "He who has the Son has life," remember? When we talk about life, we are talking about something that is far more than mere morality, far more than doctrinal accuracy. Ray C. Stedman    Website



5 comments:

  1. happy birthday Annah!! love how it all came together for the pool party at the end, but I'm sure it was very stressful while you guys were trying to figure out what to do after that first park was closed. I'm with you; I always stressed about kids' parties and I'm not one to entertain for that very reason, stressed about what to serve, how much to make etc.

    now you don't have to worry about it until next year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, and no Disneyland hasn't "left!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby! that would have freaked me out too!!! I am so glad it all turned out! Sounds like it turned out to be a fun day!

    Thanks for the sweet comments...I think Annie's party was much more for me :) I LOVE planning but when the time comes to have the party...there is so much work to do! Next year I want to do something small & cas so people don't expect huge parties every year. This was her first friends party.

    Hope Annah enjoys 5! I LOVED 5! I was so sad to see 6 come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Annah! Even though Mama Libby had a stressful time I'll bet you had fun.

    Those 2 old ladies in the cartoon look like a couple of Mrs. Geezer's buddies.

    Good quote from Ray Stedman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it all worked out and Happy Birthday! to Annah. :)

    Love the blond joke, btw.

    ReplyDelete