Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hanging out

This week has been really hectic.  I like free time,down time, spare time but haven't really found much of it... I confess...I don't see blogging as spare time. :-)  Its necessary time.... it is fun, but it takes work... you have to admit it does indeed take effort to blog  and visit blogs.... enjoyable yes, effort yes..... I'm talking I want some down time where I just relax in my recliner  with a bag of hot pepper organic waffle fries chips and a diet coke and a good book with  nothing on my plate to do. No effort in thinking about anything. Some of my blogging Peeps, such as Old Geezer blog is so engaging and thought provoking that my poor wee brain suffers at trying to squeeze out a good answer....an answer that makes me look like I know the answer. That takes effort. 
And isn't this just Way neat??? You can buy blank cookbooks at Borders bookstore or Amazon etc... and then just fill in your favorite recipes. A friend of mine is making one for a wedding gift for one of her good friends. She is going to put down all her families favorite recipes and add pictures and put notes and memories and quotes throughout it. Really personalize it. I think thats such an awesome idea for someone who perhaps has everything and a sentimental gift would work better.
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Shedd

7 comments:

  1. The blank cookbook IS neat. I may have to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a blank cookbook! I have 3 ring binders, but they're so big! This probably looks nicer, too.

    Have a great evening, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into the cookbook thing, but I really identify with you on the blogging thing and the work it takes. I find writing, reading, and commenting on blogs to be very enriching. I am energized by it and I'm delaying dementia because I have to think. Some of you all have some great things to say, some very thought provoking things, some very insightful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea with the blank recipe book and using it as a wedding gift; I hadn't seen anything like that, most of my recipes are printed off the internet spread here and there throughout the house, LOL

    I hope you get some down time. Enjoying it with a good book and a snack is a great way to spend it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD MORNING SISTER LIBBY,

    EASTER GREETINGS FROM THE OLD GEEZER

    I PRAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING RESURRECTION SUNDAY.

    HE IS RISEN!

    GOD BLESS YOU, RON

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby,
    I get what you mean about blogging. I have 3 little ones running around here and I have not had much time at all this week. I LOVE reading and commenting too...and it DOES take effort to try to come up with a comment that sounds interesting and worthy of the blogger who writes such great and meaningful...sometimes funny things!

    Speaking of funny...I found it slightly humorous the way you just JUMPED from one subject to the next in this post! It was the classic, "And this is this and that is that...OH! Look! A VW Bug! *punch*" Good stuff!!

    Have an amazing and blessed Easter!
    Dustine

    ReplyDelete