Friday, February 26, 2010

Food, Energy, Geezers, TV

3.5 sticks of butter.... what happened was I made those 'Bitter Sweet' cookies and I really couldn't handle them. Just way to bitter.  SO, I took another bag of milk chocolate chips and added more butter, more pecans to the dough because often I make up a huge thing of dough and only bake a dozen or so at a time and refridgerate the rest of the dough.... so for the next batch I could say "would you like a little batter with your chips and pecans"?  These cookies just absolutely melt in your mouth...melt.

This is my morning get me going juice... its high powered energy.  If you haven't ever tried it, go grab a box at your local Walmart and lemme know if it supercharges you.  It comes in lots of flavors but I like orange.  I can be dragging my feet and then just pour 2 pouches in a little glass with a little water and down it and within minutes I can feel it surging through my veins for a really great pick me up.  It says to mix it into an 8 ounce glass of water but, ew, thats just way to watery for me.  I put 2 packs in about 3 ounces I guess.  Its very strong but, thats how I prefer it.
Annah gets a packet a few times a week... I don't think she needs so much C in her day but, she loves it too and she rarely gets sick soooooo... perhaps there is something to it for little kids too. 













This looks like a chocolate type crumble cake but its actually an apple cobbler.  It was SO easy... I  didn't even have to boil the apples first, just peeled and sliced about 5 large apples and then poured the ingredients over it. Although it was way to sweet for my taste... next time I'll half the brown sugar...I don't think I will eat much of this but, I am really glad to discover a fast way to make a cobbler.  Of course an even faster way is to just throw a yellow cake mix over a bunch of apples and add some butter... thats what I'll do for tomorrow nights potluck for sure. 


  Sometimes things like this just really remind me of one of my favorite bloggers ever, Mr. Old Geezer and his wife...Mrs. Old Geezer over at OLD GEEZER BLOG.  

And if your interested in LAST WORDS of famous people, visit: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Last_words
I like to read their last words and then follow the links... fascinating to me.  

I haven't been watching TV.  I seriously gave it up. Well, I didn't take a hammer to it or move it out of the house because I do like to watch the news and since news is pretty much on 24 hours...I limit myself to the 10 o'clock news and Nancy Grace...only one hour of Nancy Grace because she's on alot too. I can't believe a whole California family of 4 just disappeared. authorities found their car right by the Mexico border.... Please pray they be found!!!
 Adios for now!  Fixing to go jogging. Have I mentioned I just really don't like jogging in the cold. I just don't but I can right...I can jog. I can so I will. Okay no complaining. Somebody reach out and slap me.  
 Remember, when you can't hear God, when it seems like He has just gone away from your prayers, turned His ears from you, go ahead and praise Him... praise Him through it all....  You'll meet up with Him again, He's there. He's always there.  It just doesn't always feel like it sometimes.  But I promise you He is there.  
  Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. - George Mueller 


6 comments:

  1. I thought I destroyed that photo of me bragging to Mrs. Geezer!!! Your in big trouble Libby.
    I just might call the internet cops on you!!
    The problem is, the only internet cop I know is Mike and he would probably throw me in cyber-prison before he would you.

    Have a great weekend sister Libby,

    Ron

    BTW, I sent you an email about Mrs. Geezer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Emergen-C! My son was feeling run down and I told him to go to the store and pick some up and drink it all day for a couple days. I think I'll try it like you do next time - 2 packets to a small amount of water! :)

    Oh my. That cobbler looks so good! Are you going to post the recipe or make us slob all over the place hankerin' for it. LOL.

    Have a great weekend Ms. Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whenever I think I'm getting sick, I start taking a lot of vitamin C (like 4000 mg or more) and that pretty much clears me up from getting sick or getting really sick so that Emergen-c is a great thing to help your immune system. That cobbler looks good, so did the cookies. I like simple things to make, can't have more than 5 steps or it becomes too complicated, LOL

    I like what you wrote about praise. I find myself doing that sometimes, just taking the time I would pray and praise; always a wonderful thing to do :)

    enjoy the weekend

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't even let me close to those sinful cookies...yes, I said sinful...do you know how many points are in one stick of butter....yep...you better just keep those to yourself...and keep jogging...:-)

    Love Emergent-c...my favorite pick me up too...I like to drink some if my blood sugar is low.

    Boil apples? I've made many dished with apples and the only time I've had to boil any was for applesauce...if you want a yummy apple recipe go to pioneerwoman.com and check out her recipes....ooohhh laaa laa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look good, Libby: I like choc chips and pecans! :) ...and "throw a yellow cake mix over a bunch of apples and add some butter"...boy howdy, that's the kind of easy recipies I like! :) Famous Last Words sounds cool. I'll have to check that one out. :) Cute cartoon pic--I love Mr and Mrs Old Geezer, too! :) I dont watch TV too much either, but I think that's because I'm on the computer too much. hehe shhhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such yummy goodness in this post! My sweet tooth is calling!

    ReplyDelete