Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Bread Eater

In my last blog, I mentioned I was baking flax seed, sunflower seed bread and I am now on my third loaf because I have been eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The nutty, grainy taste with butter and honey... oh my goodness. This last batch I added Oat bran ...the batch before had Pumpkin seeds. Thats my problem. I like something and I will it for every meal for days and then I get so sick of it I won't have it for months.





















I am thinking that these home baked loaves have everything I need to sustain life. :) Add honey for energy and I'm good to go.

Annah took this photo.... I wonder if I really look like that when I eat. Scary.

Thank you God, for my daily bread. Literally.

I was thinking today about the verses in Matthew 25 where Jesus is talking about Heaven and such and He said: For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

.....and as I stuff my face I think to myself...even though I do not purposely not give anyone food or clothing ...if I see a need I would give... right...but then I think of the world as a whole.. there are people starving as I sit and gnaw on my loaf of bread.... as I dip it in oil...people are starving. I see them on tv and in magazines. This really bothers me because I feel helpless but I am only helpless because I have chained myself here to this place... I have roots, family, things... why don't I just get up and go and get my hands dirty and for goodness sakes do something about world hunger?????

3 comments:

  1. Your bread sounds really good....

    How about making up a batch and sending it to someone who is hungry....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ponder this suggestion Debbie O... must ponder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love bread! I probably look like that, too!

    ReplyDelete