Saturday, September 5, 2009

Connecting My Dots

Sooooooo, I went to the College like I said I would. I sat down with an adviser and asked her to review all my courses...since 1986... and see if I have an Associates degree in ANYTHING. That was going to come first and then I was going to build on whatever I had to get a degree with the major emphasis on Spanish. I have been plugging away at teaching myself Spanish for awhile now... I use Rosetta Stone and Spanish for Gringos along with several online sources. Here is one of my favorites: 123TeachMeSpanish

The good news is that I have everything I need as the core for an Assoicates of Arts degree. I have 57 hours. I lack ONE class to have a 2 year degree... this does not include my other ooooodles of classes because I actually have enough for 2 Associate degrees...one in E -Business Media if I took a couple more courses but that doesn't float my boat anymore so... I am sticking to the Associates of Art degree with an emphasis on Spanish. Next Semester I will take the one class I lack which is Drama or Art and then a Spanish class and I will be done with that.

Next I will move on to an actual connection of the major dots... something I can actually use if I need to as an interpreter or.... just to be able to communicate in Panama or Costa Rica when going to see Alan and Karmy and hopefully doing missions work in the jungle.

I LOVE this hut...I could live in this hut so happily. I suppose my real hope is that someday we can move to do missions work with YWAM... full time... like within 2 years even maybe. Alan and Karmy are moving here this coming Monday. where Karmy will do DTS training and Alan will be doing missions work. They are involved with the Nicoya Indians as the base is right there in the jungle.

So, as I wait.... I diligently pursue the Spanish language...hope to connect my dots with this degree stuff and then either God will allow us to move where I can communicate...and Paul is picking up some of the language too but his focus is on other things right now.. :)... so we can do that or, I will have doors that can open up into ministry here by having that sort of degree or certification. It is where my heart and passion is right now in this moment so its where I will walk.

It is a brand new journey and here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment