Thursday, September 10, 2009

"No one Built the Ark !!!"


One of my favorite Bible stories to read to Annah is regarding Noah building the Ark because like most children, she enjoys the pictures of the animals and the big boat.

The other day I went to Half Price Bookstore...their 20% off Labor Day Sale and got her a Wee sing Bible story CD. Upon listening to it she came blazing in the kitchen where I was attempting to make another pie... which did not turn out at all... but, as she bounded into the kitchen she proclaimed "MAMA NO ONE BUILT THE ARK!!!!!" I was puzzled of course... she was very adamant and wanted me to know that perhaps the story I had been telling her all this time was false. I said "Annah, Noah built the Ark"...she said "NO Mama, No One built the Ark"..... I asked her why she was saying such a thing and she proceeded to let me know that the CD I bought her was proclaiming that "No one built the Ark"... Ha! They were singing the song "Who built the ark... Noah Noah, Noah built the Ark" but...she heard it as "No one built the ark"... Is that cute or what????

She just continues to delight my heart ... being an 'old' mom is fun! Things are different than when I raised Alan and Tiffany... I was obviously 20 years younger and life was still being worked out ... I was focused as a young wife and mother and bills and all that stuff that comes with the territory of being young. Its very different raising her at this stage of life than it was 20 years ago and I am enjoying every minute of it. Things that may of stressed me out 20 years ago make me smile, knowingly this time around. Having already grown up 2, I feel calmer, I know whats around the corner, been there, done that, it will work out fine. God will be a lamp at her feet, a light to her path and with His Hand on her life she will grow into the beautiful lady He has planned for her to be. My job is to make sure she is safe, loved and that we raise her towards Him and do my part to which He has entrusted me but ultimately, God has already made her and she already is equipped with the skills, talents and giftings He has given her and He will complete that good work which he began in her. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts on mothering Annah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How CUTE!!!! I just read this outloud to my girls and we all got a good laugh. Hannah had it figured out before we even got to the "mystery"....

    I agree about the parenting differently now that we are older. I parent my younger children much different than I did my older ones...of course now my older ones don't think it fair because I am not as uptight or legalistic as I was when they were growing up and I didn't let them do anything....:-)

    ReplyDelete