Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Look how He hath clothed the flowers of the field

Going through ones things after body death gives me a feeling of ... I don't even know...just... well, rummaging through their things... I don't know... but, this little pillow was made from my Great Auntie Fern's flower pattern. The beauty of this flower pattern is that she had hand drawn these petals and flowers onto paper.

Tiffany made this pillow using that pattern... it took her almost all day to hand stitch all the petals and stems, leaves, the butterfly.
She stitched on the Bible verse: "Look how He hath clothed the flowers of the field..."

This material on the back of this turtle Tiffany made is probably vintage... it was in a box of Auntie Fern's belongings along with a turtle pattern and Tiffany finished off cutting little octagons for the shell and then she used the pattern to make the turtle.
I think Auntie would smile at this little guy. :)

I personally do not have the patience for such tedious sewing labor. It is precisely why I make rag quilts... easy, quick, messy, difficult to mess up..... although I have. :)

And my darling little child begging to do laundry... she literally crawled up on the washer, took out all the clothes and one by one plopped them into the dryer. We have the OLD fashioned types...not the way wonderful front loaders... sigh... but Paul believes that if something still works, if it functions then we continue to use it. I believe it too and I'm frugal enough to go along with it and not nag but... sometimes I dream of front loaders... :)

Alan called me. He and Karmy and Elias are safe in sound at the YWAM base in Heredia. Alan tells me I would love it there........... Just what I was waiting to hear. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pillows! Grandma would love them too!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heredia? Never heard of it...but you probably would love it there...:-)

    Cute turtle and the pillow is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete