Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Contradictions

So today I am home baking. I am baking "Naught(y) Healthy Granola Bars"... Basically, I take healthy ingredients such as pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, oats, cranberries, coconut and mix em with sweet condensed milk and then a cup of junk like chocolate chips of all varieties such as butterscotch chips and white chocolate... that makes this bar a little bit naughty but then I cut up chunks Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and in addition, shave the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups all over the top of it and then bake. Its like a total contradiction Granola bar... its not healthy but it doesn't fall off the food chain either... its full of high fiber ingredients, protein and raw natural food sources... so whats a girl to do? Do I eat it for breakfast or desert?

While my granola bars are baking, I have Flax Seed/Sunflower seed bread baking in my bread machine. This is probably truly a healthy sort of bread... it has the whole wheat flower and seeds and nuts etc... this can truly be labeled as a nutritious bread...nothing unhealthy about it really...

This kinda reminds me of my Christian walk... Am I fully nutritious and packed with goodness or do I mix in a little bit of 'junk' to get through my day ?

God help me get rid of the junk that gets to my spirit .... to turn off the tv when its just junk, violent or bad.... and to walk uprightly before you! Remind me to bypass those things that are not true, noble, right, pure or lovely for Your words says: "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Help me to be careful about what I see, hear and say and to remember that in order to "Think about such things" I have to not be around, view or listen to junk to the best of my ability. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice when we have a pretty contained environment that we can control when it comes to the junk....

    Kind of like my trying to eat within my points...lots easier at home...much harder when I go to a restaurant....

    We need to be intentional with what we do and good for you for being intentional even with the "junk"....

    ReplyDelete