Thursday, December 17, 2009

Looking around

My son called me from Guatemala last night. He is there with YWAM ( Youth with a Mission - not just youth anymore but all ages.) on an outreach. He is there with his wife and 2 year old son and others. The area they are in is devastated by crime and poverty. He said that a young girl was brutally raped by 4 guys and another group went after them and burned them alive...no police intervention at all. They just turned their backs.

He was telling me his wife had gone into a hospital for ministry that day and there were 2 infant girls who had been abandoned. While many babies are adopted from Guatemala, I wonder if there are areas that are more remote like in the Panama jungles where babies are born unwanted and never end up in an orphanage.





















In the Volcan,Panama area, this area would greatly benefit from an orphanage as many children live in the jungles who are unwanted, need medical attention and are starving. Alan told me if a mother has an infant she does not or can not care for, she leaves it in the hut of someone she hopes will care for the baby. If they can not, they leave it in a hut... one YWAM leader has gone into the jungle on medical help... to provide medical help to the Gyuami Indians and she said young mothers have literally tried to give her their babies.

Life sure does have lots and lots and lots of areas of needs to be filled doesn't it. Every corner of this earth cries for help in one form or another whether its in another country or right next door.
I just ask God to make me be in the place where I can be most effective. To forget about what I have plans for ... my plans are surely self centered ... I want to be where He wants me to be and I pray He wants me to be somewhere.... here, there, over hear or over there or wherever... I just want to be in that place and not just living life for me and doing what I can on the side....sometimes thats how I feel...like I'm going along doing things that are for me and my family and throwing in goodness as it fits into my world... sometimes I just want to be dramatic and sell it all, abandon it all and hit the jungles of Panama.... okay, the end for now. :)



Amazing Coincendence..

In the 1920s, three Englishman were traveling separately by train through Peru. At the time of their introduction, they were the only three men in the railroad car. Their introductions were more surprising than they could have imagined. One man's last name was Bingham, and the second man's last name was Powell. The third man announced that his last name was Bingham-Powell. None were related in any way.

Do you think this is a typo...its an ad in the classifieds: Fully cooked boneless smoked man - $2.09 lb.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes God does call us to be dramatic and sell it all...and sometimes God calls us to the non dramatic life....

    Serving ones family...and reaching out as needed is just as valuable as selling it all to travel and start and orphanage.

    The most important thing is that we listen and obey...and love...love...love...and be willing....

    you are...and God is using you right where you are....and maybe He is preparing you for the dramatic...it would fit your personality better you know...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! to Debbie's comment

    ReplyDelete