Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Knife Hostage

I accidentally brought this knife home from my parents house on Christmas day. It was in one of my food things I brought back home. Its a nice knife. I mean... honestly...I buy dollar knives... ones you get at Walmart or Dollar General and not because I can't actually afford a nice knife set but because I just don't buy nice things most of the time...if its functional and a dollar, I'm happy.... but wow, this is a nice knife. Its all shiny, sharp and pretty. The whole family, including Annah...they all see this super nice knife in the utensil drawer and they realize its not ours...its out of place...its nice... I know that I have to give it back to my parents. I can't just keep it and pretend its mine... everytime I cut bread with it I would know its not really mine. But its so nice. Therefore, I sent them an email as depicted in the picture....... I hope they don't really do a drop off because I'd really like to keep the knife. :)

And as for the bread, its a yummy seed bread that I made this morning using flax seed,pumkin and sunflower seeds. The recipe does not call for pumkin seeds but, I mixed half and half during the knead cycle.

"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones, You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:11

4 comments:

  1. Maybe? if your parents read your blog and find out how much you like their knife, next Christmas you may have a big surprise under the tree.

    God bless you and have a great New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I did send them the hostage note.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That is hilarious! I LOVE that seed bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me laugh! My kids finally bought me a set of knives last Christmas because I didn't own any that would actually cut anything!!

    ReplyDelete