Friday, December 11, 2009

Baking makes me tired

I've been so busy baking peppermint fudge and sugar cookies that I'm plum exhausted by my efforts. And, it sure taste pepperminty...like "WHOO".... seriously. Forget mints, just pop in some of this fudge. I ended up crushing the peppermint in a coffee grinder so it came out less crushed and more powdered, probably made a difference in the texture but, if you like peppermint you would probably like this stuff. It was super easy to make, easiest fudge I've ever made.
I am going to do the same recipe but use chocolate baking chips for Chocolate peppermint fudge AND add nuts and hopefully it will look just like the picture! :)




I love this song and I love Fernando Ortega's voice. The below video is the one he did for Ruth Graham's tribute in 2007 but, I just now saw it. Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. You know if your peppermint is more powdery that means you are putting more into your recipe...which could account for the whoo...taste!!!

    LOVE the video...the song and the tribute....sooo very beautiful....made me cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! LibbyLibbyLibbyLibbyLibby. That fudge looks yummy!
    Thanks for checking in on The Old Geezer Blog.
    Merry Christmas and God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yum! Do you have a recipe for that? Baking exhausts me, too!

    ReplyDelete