Friday, December 4, 2009

Hit and Run Update - Another Easiest Apple Pie Recipe

*Update Hit and Run Doggy* (Click to read part ONE *** Click for Part TWO)
I know this looks encouraging and it is but its also not so encouraging because see her bended paw in this picture???...this is indication of severe nerve damage. If it is just bent nerves then they may heal, if its severed then in most cases the paw gets odd sensations due to death of the nerves and atrophy of muscles that the dog begins to eat its own paw and because there is no feeling at all in the paw, they drag it and it gets sores and infected etc... (I'm looking into dog boots).... the deal is, most of the time if its a severed nerve then the leg has to be amputated. This little doggy is right here in this picture only using 2 legs and then she hobbles on that paw and drags the fore part as stability. She can get up on her own but not easily and doesn't really attempt it yet. I am still carrying her outside and I place her standing and she is walking a good bit on it if I place standing. If the leg is amputated she would only have 2 legs. They amputate due to the extreme discomfort it brings the dog. Most dogs do fine on 3 legs but this would leave her with 2 legs. So, I'm just hoping its not a severed nerve but just some bent ones because as you can see, she has come so far!!!!

How many pie recipes can one blog have? I just HAVE to share the most easy apple pie recipe ever known to the human race. I mean, this pie was as easy as opening up a can of apples and pouring it in. I'm so serious.

The crust, though Pillsbury refrigerated taste as flaky and homemade as if I'd rolled it myself because of the final glazing touch.

All you do is roll out your bottom pie pastry shell. Next peel (the hardest part but no harder than fighting with a can opener.....) 7 small baking apples or 3 or 4 larger apples. Slice em up.
Pour em in a bowl and throw over them about 1/2 cup sugar or less .... with 1 TBSP cinnamon, mix em all up and together and then pour into your bottom pie shell. Melt a TBSP or two of real butter, stir in 1 or so tsps sugar and cinnamon and then pour over your apples in the shell. Put your top shell on. Next, take milk and sugar and brush over the top of the crust and on the edges. This took over an hour to bake but, check on it because it probably depends on your oven. I believe this is so healthy that you can perhaps eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner...due to the apples and all.

1 comment:

  1. Stop posting about Apple Pies....I am trying to LOSE weight....:-)

    ReplyDelete