Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ending up 2009

I hope your Christmas was joyful and happy! Ending up 2009 has been full of different emotions from sorrow due to death of a loved one, several regrets that I personally have and joy that bubbles from the love of God and extreme gratefulness to His great kindness and mercy. Its SO great.

Christmas Eve, Annah saw our little terrier mix catch a cardinal and then gently put her down. The cardinal was in shock so I picked her up until she could feel like flying again. This happens frequently at our house as seen below this Summer when I acted like a real dork when one flew into our window... goofy goofy goofy.



So, I brought home this delightful Gingerbread house maker and when Tiffany and Annah opened it up it was all in bits and pieces and more bits and pieces but, I am amazed at how they took those pieces and crumbs and made something that still resembles a Gingerbread house...!

It snowed. I didn't get a picture because sadly I was sick. I was really really really sick and I probably infected my entire family... as I type, Paul is in bed with chills and sick sick sick...I am better...but, here is mom and Tiffany all bundled up to go out into to the snow. It snowed Christmas Eve and we absolutely had an amazing white Christmas right here in North
Texas.... unbelievable...absolutely incredible. We thanked God for the thrill of the snow to celebrate Jesus! I found it to be a hug from God...thats how I saw it. :)
And, like I said...I was sick. I fell asleep on the floor in the middle of the movie "UP".... Annah, who was also not feeling good, crawled on my back and fell asleep.
My mom painted this spectacular picture of Annah and her friend Angela from a photo I had of them playing the piano. My mom doesn't typically enjoy painting faces but, she did an amazing job of Annah and her hands... I just love it!

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bummer you were sick! Pray you and your family are completely healed! That painting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Amy Carmichael quote! I love it!! I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better and your family is on the road to recovery.
    A white Christmas. You know, in 65 years I have never experienced a green one! That is what we hope for up in the frozen north. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete