Sunday, January 17, 2010

Molly






















In the midst of the 70,000 lives already lost in Haiti is beautiful 22 year old,

Like many others, I feel like fleeing to Haiti to reach out and try to help. I know that money donations at this time is the best I am allowed to do. But I want to be there. I want to hold on to people. I want to hold the children.

I watched tonight on 60 minutes about the American doctors trying to improvise in the primitive of conditions.... they showed them using a hacksaw to saw of a child's leg. They were doing this in moderate to no lighting as the generator would come and go. The doctor said he wanted people to 'see' what is going on...he asks for us to not just go on with our lives but to see what is happening... to help. Sadly, many supplies are bottle necked and unable to get to them. They only had 3 small bottles left of rubbing alcohol to sterilize the saws and other equally "Rusty" equipment. Someone brought them vodka to which he said that would work. It seems in addition to water, food, more and more supplies they need hands to help but its just not that possible to get there without being somebody specifically ... a friend of mine just graduated from nursing school but not even she is qualified yet to be able to go and do what she can. Its understandable of course...but I still wish I could be there. I feel so useless just sitting here while there is this huge tragedy going on and so much work to be done there. I want to be digging, holding, something.

No comments:

Post a Comment