Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Super Charge


I woke up and saw Annah's big purple play cell phone on my charger and spewed out my coffee as a smile of laughter forged itself upon my face...

...and in that order: wake up, pour coffee, eyes begin to focus...

Ideally, my coffee pot would be right next to the bed and I would get it into my veins before getting out of bed but that just won't happen because I would probably fall back to sleep holding the cup while sitting up in bed and then spill it...I force myself out of bed, stumble down the stairs and pour the remote controlled coffee... and then open my eyes and see the big purple phone on my charger... spew the coffee from laughing.

Today was a great day...I had Spanish and memorized the Spanish alphabet and can count to a million and successfully say my age correctly. Cuarenta y cuatro.

Paul has been marvelous and has been looking up job positions in New Mexico as come to find out, I discovered a few Raytheons in NM close to the border of Mexico...although ideally, just like having my coffee pot next to the bed...ideally we would move to Costa Rica or Panama and do missions work with our son Alan. As I posted in another blog, I'm always asked "Why do you want to go, why don't you stay here, there is plenty of work to do here in America, right here'...... Weeelllll, because there are also plenty of Christian Americans right here to do the plenty of work here who can't leave the country, can't get away, can't GO and there are not enough THERE to do the work so going seems like the very right thing to do because we can go, want to go so it seems like a good match! :)

"Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thou deservest; to give, and not to count the cost, to fight, and not to heed the wounds, to toil, and not to seek for rest, to labor, and not to ask for any reward, save that of knowing that we do Thy will through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen" - Ignatius of Antioch.

3 comments:

  1. Make sure if you move to Costa Rica or Panama you keep in touch with The Old Geezer.

    God bless you, Ron

    BTW. how is your Spanish coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley is going to spend a month in Costa Rica this summer, helping at our community center there and doing an intensive language program at Instituto de lengua espanola. They have a one month intensive and a two month intensive course. Mark and I will probably spend the month of july in Costa Rica too. You should go too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can only move if you promise to keep the blog going! I enjoyed this post as it will be a memory that you will have forever!

    ReplyDelete