Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Wonder of Mechanical Pencils

I have discovered mechanical pencils. Although they were invented in 1820, I am just now discovering them. I have never used one before now. It all happened in New Mexico. I discovered in the car trip to the orphanage that to my horror I did not have a pencil to do my Sudoku puzzles. We stopped at Walmarts to get some thangs and can you believe it....they didn't have any pencils. But they did have mechanical pencils which I never thought were real pencils... I just didn't. I know they say they are but I just didn't think so. My friend convinced me to buy them and thus I did and there was indeed an instant love connection.

.... although there is a drawback. Its actually a rather large drawback. As I was feverishly taking notes with my super cool papermate mechanical pencil in my super hard beginning Spanish class, when I went to twist up more led.... to my shock and horror...(obviously I am terrorized easily) when I twisted it there was no more led. I had no idea I was ledless. Utterly ledless. Fortunately I had a pen in my purse. Thats not typcial for me. I never really know what I have in my purse... maybe there could of been a pen, maybe not. Had I not had one I would of just died right there in the class because I am miss front row. I mean, I take all the notes... and the guy next to me takes none. But thats probably because he already knows all this stuff. I mean, he's what... 19 and had 2 years of Spanish right?????? I'm like Cuatro y Cuatro and am clueless. And I know Cuatro y Cuatro isn't right to define my age because when the teacher asked me and thats how I answered she kinda laughed a bit and corrected me... not sure how to say my age. Million or something. I don't know.
This is our dog 'Izzy' according to Annah. :)

God is good all the time.
All The Time!

3 comments:

  1. Is cuarenta forty? I can't remember. Glad you had a pen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuarenta y cuatro : )
    I love mechanical pencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy all you folks with a knack for languages! I struggled with french in highschool, switched to Latin (this was many moons ago) 'cause I didn't have to speak it, and got my credit. It seems my brain is wired towards physics, math and chemistry. There appear to be no connections for music, or language. In Europe I felt totally blown away only speaking one language where most people spoke from 2 to 5. Go figure! Good luck on the Spanish.

    ReplyDelete