Thursday, October 29, 2009

Strong Wills

"If you raise a strong willed child to do right, they will be strong willed about doing right" - Jim Duggar

I really love that quote! I heard it tonight while watching "18 and Counting" show on the Duggar family.

My little Sunshine, Annah, is very strong willed. She is sweeter than a huge lump of sugar but she does amaze me with her strong willful nature. She will do things she wants to do despite knowing she has perhaps just been told no and knowing she will get in trouble for it. She would rather do what she wants to do and get in trouble rather than not do what she wants to do. Its difficult but I am very consistent ...and prayerful. :)

After all, God was the Perfect Father to Adam and Eve...they wanted the fruit after being told no... wanted it bad enough to take what they were told not to...bad enough to deny the consequences or believe they just might get away with it.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great quote! I have a strong willed child myself.

    ReplyDelete