Saturday, October 10, 2009

God directs our steps
























Workin' on TeXas !!!

I have been very prayerful, very much looking for places to volunteer and outreach. I have been given so much by God...so much and while I know I can not earn my salvation I also can not bear to not do as much as I can to show God I am so grateful to all He has done in my life and heart.

While I have printed off applications of local places to volunteer and being prayerful about it.... setting up times to go to orientations etc... well, seems I have been alerted about a place I was not even considering ... last night, as I was sleeping ... I heard very clearly " Last Call for Hopes Door".... sounded kinda like an "All aboard" type thing... So, I got online and found Hopes Door is a shelter for women and children of domestic violence.

I thought...wow...I have laid my own plans down, printed out applications but not for this one place... isn't it interesting how indeed we set out and make our own plans but God will complete our steps...
I don't know where this will lead but for sure this place has been brought to my attention.

Proverbs 16:9: "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."
Psalm 119:59: "When I took a long, careful look at your ways, I got my feet back on the trail you blazed."

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool how God spoke to you! Sounds like He is going to use you in a mighty way because of your willing heart!

    Emma G just turned 5. Jeremy and I have been talking for years about making a cookbook. Someday...

    About home schooling, there are so many options. I'm not too crazy about abeka. It sounds a little too strict for our lifestyle and with the school season being different here, I just don't think it would work. I'm leaning towards Sonlight or Heart of Dakota. I have a couple more months. Joshua will start a new school year in Jan. so I need to have something by then!

    ReplyDelete