Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Same Kind of Different and Rambling....

I just finished the book "Same Kind of Different as Me"..... It was just.... I can't even describe it... How does one sum up such a book.... I can't. It was entirely different than I thought it would be.
The man who was a hardened, hopeless homeless man who shunned people and the world was amazingly 'found'.... found through the eyes of love... found by God... but, the story is so much more than that... when I picked it up at Borders to read it I thought I would be reading a story about a previous modern day slave (...yes, they did exist well into the 60's and such but obviously not by that name) homeless man who was brought out of helplessness but... thats just some of the story.... anyways, after reading the entire book I underline the below quote because I just loved it. This is what Denver ( ex homeless man) said in an interview upon finishing the book with Ron Hall:

When asked in an interview what his current definition of success he said:

"A successful person is one who can thank God for nothin', and then He'll give him everything. Success, I have found out, comes with a great deal of responsibility. I used to stand in the middle of nowhere, where time didn't matter and there was nowwhere I had to be at. And now I be standin' in the middle of everywhere and never enough time to get there so I have learned TIME MATTERS! "


On another note.... Life is plugging along. So many little random things. Loose ends!

We are still going to movie theater church. It was so funny because one Sunday I was watching the preacher on the screen and then as it was almost over I glanced down onto the stage and I gasped.... I was thinking...wow... he looks SO real !!! How do they do that? Its like a 3D Hologram or something and was simply amazed and then, in that flash of a thought I realized... "SNAP"... he's real! He's really here! I've been watching him on the big screen and there he be right in the middle of the stage live and in person! :)

Someone suggested I just stay home in my jams and Cup O' Joe and watch him online but, while we could do that... there is something about being in the midst of live worship and praise... something about the music and the flesh and tears and joy all in one room. You really can not trade that experience of being live for tv or online. The real live fellowship and people and human contact, sounds etc... I rather muster myself out of my house for that. Some things can't be viewed from a distance but need to be in person.

I feel like I am standing at a cross road unsure where to go exactly. I want to go back to school and become like a radioligist or something... maybe a emergency tech... (would I be called ET????) .... I want to do full time missions in a foreign country. I want to volunteer in a zillion different places..... I want to take care of orphans..... I want to become fluent in Spanish. I want to I want to I want to I want to.... which one do I take and run with? I have my hand in a little bit of all of it at the time but, I can't do all of them... I can't volunteer at 5 places, be a full time missionary in Panama, have oodles of babies, be in school and immerse myself in Spanish all at one time. I'm just praying for it to come together as I know it will eventually.

I have Annah all set with her school stuff. She is only 4 so we get to have lots of fun learning. We are working on learning the days of the week, recognizing money, coloring in the lines... phonics from starfall.com and lots of daily reading from a variety of library books.

Today, she told me she liked my freckle. I have a freckle on my neck. She asked me how it got there and I told her I was born with it that God put it there and she said "did he glue it on"... Hahahha! I said I suppose He did. :)

Oh goody!!!! Tiffany is home for a few hours to visit... !!!! Which ...I had bought her a box of ding dongs and put it in her room, went in to put more stuff in her room for her to take back to college and found an empty box of ding dongs... Annah informed me she was hungry so she ate them. !!!

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute!! Do you go to Gateway? And was that Pastor Robert up on the stage at Harkin's Theater?

    ReplyDelete