Wednesday, October 28, 2009

JellyBeans-N-Frosting

Annah brought me a snack. She brought me one blue corn tortilla chip, one pringle and a couple Jelly Bellies covered in what she called frosting.

I looked it over and did not recognize the 'frosting' at all... didn't recall having such substance in our cabinets... I smelled it... delicious...smelled absolutely delicious... not so much on chips and jelly beans but it was very yummy smelling... I asked her to bring me the 'frosting' and it turns out it is Caramel Latte Liplicious Tasty Lip color that she squirted over my snack for me.

It was very sweet but, I didn't eat it nor could I even pretend to because she had a bowl just like mine with one blue tortilla chip, one pringle and two Jelly Bellies covered in lip gloss and I sure didn't want her consuming it.
After rejecting the snack we went downstairs to check on dinner and she had taken green food coloring and squirted it all in the stew that had been carefully simmering all day in the crockpot.... Why? She wanted to make it yummy. She said she was in the process of making her own playdough ( with flour and other stuff all over the counter ) and thought the stew could use some coloring. It was the green food coloring that we do indeed use to make playdough.

May this be a lesson that we must never ever ever, not even for a few moments leave children unattended at home even if we are in the next room or in the bathroom ( HOLD IT till someone else can be in the same room or house with you) or doing a Sudoku puzzle... it just can't be done till they are maybe 20 years of age or something.

What an incredible joy she is. She makes me smile. She makes me laugh out loud, she makes my heart warm, she lights up my day. She is a gift from God and I tell her that all the time. I tell her how special she is to me. She tells me I am special to her to. :) I wouldn't trade my lip glossed jelly bellies and green stew for anything in the world.

2 comments: