Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Flu Secrets, Family Warmth





These are are always in my cabinet....always. I make Annah take a tsp of the Immune formula Sambucus daily and then at the first sign of the flu for any of us, a vial of Oscillococcinum is consumed. I take several packets of the Emergen-C daily and I give it to Annah every other day or so. Not only does it saturate quickly and thoroughly, it gives you superb energy. I usually put 2 packets in a small cup of ice with just a little water...I can't handle it watered down by the recommended 8 ounces so I just do little water with an icecube and guzzle it down quickly. 2 packets is a pretty strong taste. All of the flavors mix rapidly and smoothly, fizzly EXCEPT the one for j0ints...it is clumpy. I don't like that one at all.

I am pretty convinced by all 3 for sickness, flu prevention and or rapid recovery. I have thought about making my own Elderberry tincture but, I just haven't done that yet. I give the Sambucus to Annah in the morning with breakfast and mixed with a little cranberry juice because she doesn't like the flavor of the immune support one, but she loves the regular one without the Eucalyptus.

I don't want to be fearful of the Piggy Flu but, it does concern me. I heard on 60 minutes that those born before 1950 have antibodies to it.

This is Richard, Paul's dad. He was here with Martha (Grandma and Grandpa to Annah) for a much to short visit. He doesn't always wear shell necklaces but Annah wanted to doll him up.


























This is Annah with Martha. Martha was a missionary for a zillion years and as far as I am concerned, she still is one! She is also the the Author of "Meandering With Martha" - Missionary Tales - Burundi, Africa, Colombia, SA Ecuador, SA' Lakota Reservation, SD .... Tales from EVERYWHERE! This is an incredible read for anyone interested in the life of a missionary and all that it entails for someone who is considering giving up creature comforts of the USA and living in a 3rd world country as a missionary.

What a treasure this time was to visit and share stories ....catch up!

And while we were busy chatting.... Annah took matters into her own hands and began to help herself to whatever she needed.. I can't recall what she was looking for... I was too busy snapping her picture.

May your day be as filled with warmth and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment