Friday, May 7, 2010

Lazy day at Pooh Corner

Annah and I took a walk down 'my path' to 'Pooh Corner".... my favorite place to escape. The path is man made by me... well worn.  I love my path.  Pooh Corner is full of ladybugs, ants, vultures, birds, turtles and unknown things.  I don't focus on the creepy crawly things but on the lake in front of me and the peace and quite. Kinda like life, focus on the good, shake off the bad. I lay there on my lawn chair and the sun was just right...the wind blowing a little strong... I closed my eyes and couldn't imagine a more blissful setting...and then I flicked off an ant.  But it was just wonderfully lazy day. I can't even express my gratefulness towards my Creator for everything. Just everything.  Grateful, Thankful, in Awe, in Adoration.  Thankful.  Joyful.  Amazed. Hopeful. Happiness.

And this adorable bird nest Annah found.  If you look closely you can see where they used plastic stuff to put in their otherwise all natural nest.What a great way to recycle!!!!

5 comments:

  1. sounds like it was very nice day in a very favorite place of yours; looks like it is a peaceful place too!

    too cute to that Annah found the bird nest; I do believe those birds are so very resourceful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly amazing what he has given to us to enjoy! God loves variation in color, texture, size, etc. Reflect on something C. S. Lewis once said - "Praise is the culmination of our joy." In other words, our full enjoyment and joy of something culminates in the praise of it. That is why God wants us to praise Him, our joy in Him is fully consumated when we praise Him. Your Pooh Corner is something to praise Him for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to have a self made path to follow. May God bless you as you walk for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!

    (And I totally agree with JT!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say...
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    I can almost picture myself there. You described the place and the feeling of gratitude so well. I need to find a place like that. I often feel the joy and peace and gratitude when I look at my children and reflect on their "childness" - but a space in nature to walk to regularly...yeah, I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete