Thursday, May 20, 2010

Amazing Beer Bread

Oh my goodness. Do you love bread? Do you love bread just SO much, like more than or just as much as chocolate????  Then you just gotta try this amazing EASY beer bread recipe.  It was super easy, except for sifting the flour... that was not easy. Maybe it was just my shifter but, it took time to shift 3 cups of flour. Yet, sifting is SUPER important to the quality of this bread so it has to be done.  And the taste is beyond amazing. The bread melts in your mouth and is SO good with honey and full of flavor.  Here is the super easy recipe:
3 cups self rising flour  --- MUST MUST BE SHIFTED or bread will be like a brick.
One 12 ounce can beer
       1/4 cup sugar
       1/2 cup melted REAL butter
 Preheat oven 375. Mix dry ingredients and beer. Pour in greased loaf pan. Pour  butter over batter. Bake 1 hour. Let cool 15 minutes.  You can use non-alcoholic beer if you wish but you will need to add a packet of dry active yeast.  The alcohol cooks off so I don't see any reason to not use a real beer because the flavor is so much richer. Yummy yummy yummy!!!
Right in the heart of Allen / Plano Texas is a Conservatory park called Connemara.  We went with a homeschool enrichment group and had so much fun.  If it weren't for the 2 nature guides it would of been just a typical walk in the woods and Annah and I do that every day (walk through the woods for miles ) but, the nature guides explained about flowers and bugs and trees and leaves.... I always wondered what that spit looking stuff was on flowers and it is actual spit from a Spittal bug and it has eggs in it..its a spit nest.   Its nice to see 72 acres of conserved land and meadow right in the middle of busy cities.
Its looking more official!!!  Looks like we will be traveling to Costa Rica in July for about 3 weeks. Alan says I can be there as a volunteer and get my hands dirty which I'm hoping to.  I'm not wanting to vacation, I'm wanting to  be able to 'feel' the environment and feel God's heart  and to know if its 'home'.... I wish I could just have insty Spanish to draw from but, I certainly will be able to tell  if my Spanish class helped or if its just all head knowledge. :)

10 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious! I'll have to ask my son to bring a beer over so I can try it. He absolutely LOVES bread anyway, so it would be a good thing for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer bread is so easy and yummy! I'll have to check that place out! Oh, and that's awesome you get to go to Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee and beer bread for breakfast. Yummy to the Tummy!!!
    This recipe is going directly in the world famous
    Mrs. Geezer Cook Book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bread as long as it doesn't tast like chocolate. You had me right up till mentioned chocolate, yuck. But I love bread, will have to try this recipe.

    Great news about your trip! Get your hands dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread looks delicious! Sounds like a wonderful missions trip in the making. I would love to do something like that one year!

    Blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quit tempting me....I LOVE bread. Glad I don't live too close cause I'd come over and eat your bread.

    Sweet picture of Annah!

    And we are praying for your trip. I bet you will be speaking Spanish fluently enough by the end of your visit. You are that determined. I wish I could go with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum on the bread!!! I might have to make this one even though I'm trying to be low carb (but who can resist bread????)

    so glad you will have a chance to "get your hands dirty" so to speak on your trip to Costa Rica; I hope God will reveal to you on your trip if that is indeed your (temporary) home, because we know where our true home will be :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trip sounds exciting and your bread YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sifting. Funny story...my wife asked me to sift flour for her one time for a dish she was making. I didn't quite understand the purpose of sifting...I thought it was just to separate the grains of flour a little better or something. Well, when I got done, a packed all the flour down with my knuckles so it was hard again. "What on earth are you doing?" she asked. "I'm packing it down so you get a true cup of flour." "NOOOO!!! That's why you sift it...we don't want it packed." "Oh. Oops. Sorry."

    Your recipe sounds interesting. My wife makes our bread about every 3 days...I'll have to forward this one to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited you are going to Costa Rica!!! Maybe we'll see you there!
    I think that recipe is easier enough even for me! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete