Monday, May 17, 2010

Recycling Bags into Bags

Is this not amazing???  Its a purse that Tiffany made me that is made out of plastic bags from Walmart and Kroger...even a Nylar balloon is in there and some yellow dollar store bags, different plastic bags collected from different places.  She crocheted them!!!!  She cut the bags into strips like yarn and crocheted them into a purse.  I just went crazy seriously. 

So it took 2 people to light my birthday cake.  2 people.  I don't know how I feel about that exactly....its not like its That many candles.... ... and thats not a cake actually. I don't really like cake so Paul bought a brownie mix with hunks of Reeses peanut butter cups... yummy for sure!!!!

And, gosh. My mom got me a TON of  Cellbone products for skin.... peels, rejuvenating stuff.....I won't age now.  I have so much stuff I will stay youthful looking forever. I will never get a wrinkle now. I'm excited!  :)
My parents also gave me $$$  for my trip to Costa Rica that is suppose to happen in July but, now maybe August.  I never know whats going to happen day to day.  I hope to go and stay for a few weeks with my son who is a missionary there with YWAM...and his wife and baby and as Lalo sais "Be among the people"...

And, I got this thirst quencher gum.... so when I am jogging and super thirsty I can pop this gum in and not be thirsty ever.  Wow.  :) PLUS, the biggie of all things?  The things of a spoiled person... is that I got a pair of those Vibram - Five Finger Shoes... they are SO back ordered ...we drove all the way into Dallas only to discover, NOT....but I had no idea where Paul was taking me and we just kept driving and driving...we passed by Ihop...I was hungry, breakfast would of been fine... drove by Best Buy, Half Price books...all the best birthday places but Paul took me into Dallas and by that time I decided he was just going to take me to some place and dump me on the side of the road knowing I could never find my way home ...but no, he had a plan, he took me to REI because their website said they had these shoes but it was a trick, they had only great big huge men feet shoes left and NOBODY has these shoes because they are very popular now... ... so Paul ordered some on line. I feel kinda over indulged....always do actually.  I think...well...one of these days my family will be amazingly blessed in the Lord to actually be able to leave it all behind, strap on backpacks and head off to another land.  :) Its just stuff...and I love my stuff.... I do.  :)  I can just as easily ditch it too....well, I might not ditch my five finger shoes !!!! Those are awesome!! And practical !!!!  Perfect for people like me who rather be barefoot but can't get into stores barefoot.
My darling daughter made the most amazing Spinach, mushroom, cheesy Quesadillas!  Mi Favorito!

I feel loved.  

I hope you feel loved tooooo!!!!!


Many Christians have what we might call a "cultural holiness". They adapt to the character and behavior pattern of Christians around them. As the Christian culture around them is more or less holy, so these Christians are more or less holy. But God has not called us to be like those around us. He has called us to be like himself. Holiness is nothing less than conformity to the character of God. --Jerry Bridges

6 comments:

  1. You are a very spoilt girl - but I'm sure you deserve every bit and MORE!

    You sure don't look only enough to have a grandchild. I need to invest in that cellbone stuff! I actually do have some chemical peels, but have burned myself with them, so be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading this it totally made me smile! I was just thinking how loved you are! All your gifts were so thoughtfully picked out & you were treated to your favorites. That's a great bunch you hng with. You are blessed! HAPPY BIRTHDAY my Libby friend! You know...I have known of a lot of Libbys but I have never really had a libbie friend...I kinda like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like yhou had a great birthday celebration; too cute putting on all those candles on your "cake" (I like the brownie idea indeed). We usually just put on two candles, the number candles. That is the cutest purse too made out of plastic bags; some people are so clever with what they come up with to create. I hear Costa Rica is really pretty; I'm sure you enjoy the time seeing your son and his family when you get to go. Too cute about your trip, too, to find your special shoes. Sounds like it was a fun outing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!! I'm glad you had such an awesome day! We will be in Costa Rica the whole month of July!! Maybe we'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is super cool!!! Is it lined inside so you can carry small items in it?

    Be happy you only need two to light your candles...some need to call a fire truck when theirs are being lit....I hope I can live that long! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Happy Birthday Libby!!! Sounds like it was wonderful!! I just had a conversation with my mom today about material things...how easy it is to get caught up in it all--but also how easy it would be to walk away. I love your visual of putting the backpack on and hiking to another place...love that!! Thanks for your beautiful posts and beautiful perspectives!! I always look forward to reading here!

    ReplyDelete