Friday, May 14, 2010

Thursdays adventures in puking















 Gramma and Granpa came from Tennessee to visit! 
Such a treat!  This picture was taken only moments before Annah became suddenly and aggressively ill with a stomach thingie, throwing up and dry heaving.  I am thinking she ate way too many wild blackberries yesterday.... they are in the fields by the hundreds and zillions and she was popping em in her mouth like candy.
We were up with her till 2 am and back up at 7.  I'm feeling really tried. Gramma and Granpa left this afternoon and I plan on getting to bed early early early.  Annah's better now but her stomach is sore.
It is pouring down rain here in TX.... I am loving it... but, wow, in May????  I should already  be 5 shades darker from the sunshine but instead I'm still flesh color and its raining, cold, windy...whats up with that?















Sick little Princess!

What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable. Unknown

Other than Annah feeling crummy, and the wind, cold and rain....  what a beautiful day to be breathing.  What a gift life is. And what a battle it is too.   The only way to get through it, is prayer.  Its our connection. When we don't pray we run out of gas, we miss information, we lose a lot. Prayer  is gain on so many levels.  We connect. We learn Gods heart and of His nearness.  He, in turn, hears our hearts and our thoughts and our wants, needs, hopes, dreams.  The lack of prayer is exactly like lack of exercise and water  to the body.... destructive

5 comments:

  1. poor little Annah; I always hate when they are sick; not much you can do for them but comfort them (and clean up after them, LOL) I'm glad she is feeling better today and I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!

    prayer works wonders doesn't it??

    hoping the weekend is a good one and so glad you got to enjoy a visit with the grandparents :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...poor Annah! I hope she feels much better real soon!

    I'm loving this rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby

    I pray that Annah feels better and you get some rest.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby,
    We live worlds apart but my family has been battling stomach flu this week. It started with my 6 year old, me next, my 20 month old, then my husband, and last night my 3 year old. The vomitting is just how you described, and then all are pretty much ok by the next day...just tired and sore.

    We pray many times a day here...the kids love to pray and remind us to pray ... I love that their innocent hearts are so connected to Love, to God...they help us stay connected too!!

    Great post...Dustine

    ReplyDelete