Sunday, July 12, 2009

Church Homeless

I love my family!

We have been church homeless for a few months now. We had belonged to an amazing little country church for 10 years with very close friendships but when the pastor retired...the flock did scatter.

It wasn't the same in that little country church and we decided we would take that opportunity of change to move on and that we would go to a multicultural church so that Annah wasn't always surrounded by white folk all the time.

Since then, we have still been looking. I feel like someone who never married and is getting older and older and more set in my ways...so much so that I can't find anyone now because I am so particular about what I am looking for.

We walked into a church today ... they have amazing charisma, energy and passion in their worship... I like that. The people were friendly. It was delightfully multicultural.

I like expressions of worship but nothing extraordinary... I like to see people raising their hands up high, I like clapping. I like to see an occasional banner waving. I like crying. I like happy. I like for people to be able to express tears or joy but I like it to be reverent too.

I don't like alot of glitter or money being obviously spent on things for show or look ... I like alot of missions and outreach and strong bonds of friendship and unity within a church.

I dont' want a lot of money being poured into the church look. People are starving out there in the world.

The church we visited today had quite a few big giant movie screens.... as a matter of fact, its sister church in Carrolton had a guest speaker and so they just showed him on our screen as well... kinda like watching tv preaching at a theater. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about that... but the message was so good. I just need to chill out a bit. Settle down and form relationships, get involved. I hope I can do that. We have been looking for about 4 months now and I am wanting to hang my hat somewhere.

I could of never seen myself settling into a big church... with big screens TVs... but, I am beginning to feel more open to it now that I am so hungry for Christian connection. To find a group to belong to ... to love them and be loved back. But can I get over those big screen tvs????

Psalm 71:8-“Let my mouth be filled with your praise and with your honor all the day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment