Friday, July 24, 2009

Chopping blocks

I was sewing together pieces for a rag quilt yesterday and tried to cut some thread and sliced a chunk of my finger right off. It hurts just as badly as it looks and it bled like crazy. Determined to keep sewing, I bandaged myself up and when I sat down to sew there was the missing chunk of my skin.
This should make a good size rag blanket for a baby girl. I love the pinks and browns. Rag blankets are my favorite to make because they require very little precision.

Love this huge squash! My neighbor brought it over from her garden. I will slice it up... hopefully without chunks of my flesh included... and cook it for dinner! Nummy Yummy!


Love this song:
Tears of the Saints

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking precision is not your strong point, as evidenced by the finger slicing!! : ) Hope the squash turned out flesh-free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...and if you look at the material.... its not so straight edged. :)

    ReplyDelete