Friday, July 17, 2009

The day of the burst bubble

Yesterday was just a happy day. It was a quite, relaxing, happy day. It started off with Annah and I walking down by the lake and talking about God and me praying about everything I could think of and Annah interjecting with prayers for the chickens and dogs and bugs . It was very nice. The early morning TX weather had a cool breeze from the lake and it felt amazing. The waves were swooshing, birds were chirping...it was so beautiful.

About 9 in the evening my mom called me and told me my dad was in the Emergency Room.

Thats the moment my little happy bubble popped. Its not that my dad was having a heart attack or actually anything real extremely serious... it was serious but, not seemingly life threatening but definitely needed attention.

During that time of my mom telling me he was in the ER and the next few seconds my happy little world fell silent. I went up to my room in silence and did not even tell Paul what was going on because I was just very much in a state of feeling inward and wanting to go talk to God because He is the only one that can fix anything whether it be by peace surpassing all understanding or moving a mountain, He is the only one who is able.... I just wanted to sit down and I wanted to tell God that I know that things happen in this life, people get sick, people get hurt, people die but if its okay, I'd rather it not happen to me. How about if He just does something so that I can just be happy and not have to feel the pain of fear or loss or sickness or anything and that how about if everyone I love stays healthy and our big bubbles stay afloat and they never ever ever get popped? How about that?

Things change so fast. In a second everything can change. In a moment, a blink, an entire life can be changed, ended ... an entire life... life style...just ones very life existence in their own little corner of the world, floating in their bubble...in one moment in time a persons entire world can be shattered. The tiniest of pin pricks can pop the most amazingly translucent, big, bubbly bubble.

There is one thing I know will never change. Never. That is God. I may not understand my life or the events that happen all around me but I do understand that God is God. I do understand that He is Creator. He is Holy. He is Wonderful, Amazing, Mighty, Beautiful, Great, Magnificent, Beyond my comprehensions. That is what I know for sure even when I don't know anything else. God never changes and He will always surround me with His peace when I ask and always bring me into the presence and fullness of His joy.

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment