Tuesday, July 21, 2009

There are things I am feeling troubled about but they seem small compared to other things going on in our world today. Small compared to other things in general that people are going through but yet, in my space and in my bubble...they are things I have to deal with.

Alan is applying to go to a YWAM base deep in the mountains in Costa Rica! First thing I thought when I saw the base was, mememememememememe, I want to go too! I asked Paul to think about it and we both kinda laughed because.. my way of thinking is... lets sell everything and go!!! Yipeee! But he is the stable side of the marriage...the part that yields to caution and reason and reminds me of our daughter going to college in a couple of weeks and other factors that must be considered. But didn't Jesus just say "Go"... I think so.

However, I will yield. But, I am excited to go and visit for a month or so and go into the mountains and minister to the tribes there. Even though we don't even know if they will be accepted, its still something exciting to see could happen!!! I LOVE YWAM.

I want to lead a fruitful life. I do not want to have a life where its all about me being blessed with goodies and things for me and mine. I want us to be active in our lives for God. I roll my eyeballs at those who may caution me against thinking I can earn God... or that I have to buy my salvation... puhleeeze. I know that. I know you can't do that.

Regardless, God is my Creator. He has us humans here for a reason. There is a battle going on between good and evil. I don't know exactly what it all looks like but I know things for sure... . there is poverty, sickness, pain, turmoil and people who do not know Christ. I know we have been commissioned to help orphans, widows, spread the Good News, love, give, etc... thats how I want to live my life. Nothing less.

I get restless just piddling around.

I need to be doing. And I have found that no matter how much I try to give my daily life to God, the more I do that, the more He fills my life and my heart with joy, happiness, laughter and love. So I guess its selfish because really... the more I try to give, the more I am given back in my heart and knowledge and nearness to God. When I am busy with my own things... I find myself overwhelmed, tired etc... but when I am walking it out with God... energy, peace, joy... peace peace peace... can't trade that for anything of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment