Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the answer is..........

The answer to the question "What is the one thing you can not do in Heaven...."...is  Evangelize...Witness.


This is a powerful book by Mark Cahill.... here is his website. 


I keep having to leave this posting and come back to it.  Stuff going on. :) 
Fixin to go jogging.   I have to do the 28x up and down my driveway because the ground is all muddy and icky.  Either way, its 5 miles, 50 minutes.  I prefer to go 6 miles, 60 minutes but thats about all the time I can handle jogging such a boring route.  The other day I was so bored with my jogging route that I went into an area I have never run through ever ever because I imagine its not safe. I could disappear and no one would know or hear.  I do have my Doberman but, I always figure a gunshot wouldn't even be noticed around here.  You hear them all the time in the distance...people hunting and stuff.  As I was jogging I was thinking..."Okay dummy this is how people get killed".... but the ground was thick enough with grass that it wasn't muddy and the dogs loved it....they even found this really big bone...That was a really exhilerating run...not sure if from the adrenal fear rush or because I finally got out of my hamster ball or what... but I went that route 2 days in a row and enjoyed it... albeit I had my antennas up a mile high and my eyes searching behind every tree and bush.  I could jog to the store which is 5 miles up the road but I really hate...and hate is a very strong word... so I am using the word hate on purpose...I hate jogging on streets near cars and houses and such... I guess if we ever move and its my only option I will certainly do it but I seriously don't like it. When I jog these days, I am one with nature...vultures hover, hawks fly, birds tweet, bunnies scamper, snakes slither and I never see anyone.  Thats how I like it. :)


Good day to you and may you see a miracle!  :)


4 comments:

  1. Libby, I am getting confused. I thought everyone in Texas rode a horse and packed a six shooter. Next thing I know, you will be saying that there is no Easter Bunny! All things aside, be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now Ian, I never said I don't pack a six shooter. :-) And I do ride a horse. However, I ride the horse for fun and jog so that I can eat all that I want to. :) And as a true friend, I have to tell you that, sincerely and honestly speaking there is no Easter bunny. I'm sorry. He is a myth.But I tell you that as your friend just like I will tell you if you have a booger in your nose or spinach in your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine running the same route 28 times. I would lose count and probably end up doing much more than that.

    I did know this answer about evangelizing, but did I remember it? I'll have to check out his web site

    do be safe with the areas you choose to run. Koda got attacked by a dog one time in our walking so now I carry a stick and walk a park several laps but there's more people around and more cars driving by (The Lord saved him by sending a cat to distract the dog, I kid you not, and Koda hates cats)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 miles is 10,000 steps....I'm up to 2 miles on the treadmill...a little walking, a little jogging...

    and if you think jogging up and down your driveway is boring try a treadmill....

    ReplyDelete