Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mud, bikes, chips and God's will



















Its been raining. and raining. and raining. My new shoes are caked in mud and so sludgy muddy icky that although I just bought them from Addidas in November....they have 2 slits in them. 2. And so when I jog down 'my path' .... its drenched in very cold water and mud and when I take off my shoes my socks are completely soaked in mud and my toes are...well muddy and typically rather frozen.My shoes dry overnight... and when I put them on they split.... so off to the shoe store again as I love to jog down my path around the lake...... I really do not like jogging down my driveway. I have to jog up and down it 28x to get about 5 miles. I listen to teachings on my mp3 player and it helps pass the monotony. Currently I am listening to a series by Curry Blake on healing...fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. Its about 20 hours long and I am on the last 2 hours.




















I am SO amazed at my child. I mean, I am so amazed I can't even speak. I talked about how she was so determined to ride our old horse that she spent hours finding ways to crawl on her back... she'd lead her to the hay bales, to the truck, put on the lead rope all by herself etc... well, she did it again! Her little bike got a flat tire. It turned out to be a rather nice day today and she wanted to ride her bike sooooo bad... so all by herself she went into the barn, found another bike although it does not have training wheels... I let her do it... fully not expecting her to be able to ride it... I told her Paul would teach her...within the hour she was riding up and down the driveway without training wheels.... my goodness, I was just so proud!!!!!
And soooo my favorite snack of the day!!!! Organic Sweets & Beet potato chips!!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!

And my favorite verses of the day...John 4:31 - 38.... I love how Jesus talks about the meat he has is to do the will of God and finish His work and then He goes right into telling the disciples to look out at the fields and see how they are ripe for harvest...He explains to them how in terms of a field to be harvested that we usually say we need to wait until the time is right but He explains that now the time is right...today, yesterday, tomorrow ..now... go... reap or sow but do something. I just love that! His work was to do God's will and so when we wonder what God's will is all we have to do is read the New Testament and see what Jesus did... He healed the sick, He cast out devils, he pointed to God, He taught about doing and going and taking care of people, loving people... preaching to all the nations... sending out people, taking care of widows and orphans and having joy... its all there in the New Testament...the new covenant.... simple...spelled out... when we wonder what to do... if its in the Bible... well...pretty simple...if you can do it, do it. If you can't do one thing, then do the other but do. :)

5 comments:

  1. Libby, you definitely need a new set of shoes! As a non-jogger I need to know why you would run up and down the driveway 28 times if it is boring? Are there no trails, no picturesque scenery, no jogging buddies? I definitely do not understand joggers! Elucidate, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll trade you a bag of pinto beans
    for a bag of Organic Sweets & Beet potato chips!!!

    If you decide to do the trade, do you think my Old Geezer body can stand the shock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you insist on jogging through cold mud then you deserve to wear nasty shoes....lol!!! At least you've gotten out to exercise, I've just used it as an excuse.

    Give Annah a great big hug and tell her "good job" from me....that is a big achievement for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of Annah is great! Oh, and I love sweet potato and beet chips. There's a restaurant in SA that serves them with their sandwiches. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog today and I'm loving it. Something I try to remember is that I need to do what I can, and God will do what I can't.

    Thank you for sharing yourself with the world!! :D

    ReplyDelete