Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nooma - Rain

My family goes to a house church. Different huh? I love it. We eat, fellowship, laugh, cry, pray and sing, praise... ....we meet on Saturday evenings...thats different too. :) Anyhooos, last night we watched this short clip called "Rain".... If you have a moment, you might really like to watch it below. There is an entire series of 10 minute DVD's with a theme. This is the first one I have watched but, I am thinking it would be really really good to show at our jail ministry or any sort of outreach. I think. Of course, actually.... alot of times I have met people who have had tragedies in their life that perhaps led to them making bad choices in life because or due to also having had pretty messed up home lifes. So a God who is called "Father" or is being portrayed as a loving Father does not connect well for them. Many times we tend to view God as we have viewed our earthly Father... if he was abusive we may see God as abusive...unfair... etc... and this particular clip ...if you understand the love a father or a parent has for their child then you can completely understand what the message is but if you do not have any comprehension of such a great love then it would be difficult to see the beautiful story this tells. My favorite part of this clip is when he talks about how when the son is all grown up and he may look back and say " Why did you let me go through that storm".... and the father says "But thats when I held you the closest and the tightest".... Its a beautiful clip. I really don't usually watch clips on blogs... not usually.... but if your the curious type and maybe even interested in new ministry resources you might not be disappointed. :)



Annah caught me putting on my mascara. I try to avoid makeup, I really do. It takes to long to mess with it although my face could probably benefit more from the correction of makeup than it needed when it was more youthful. But there are some things makeup just can't correct. :)




What a beautiful smile.



















4 comments:

  1. That was an amazing video. One I needed to watch. I'm in the midst of a torrential downpour (smile) and needed His assurance that we're going to make it. It's sometimes so hard to see through a deluge, but I know that with carrying me, I'll make it out of these woods. :)
    Thank you for sharing. I went to the NOOMA website and will be watching more of the videos.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Libby, thank you SO much for sharing that video. It made me cry, and as I thought about the times when I have been so down-hearted and had no words and only sobs and tears, my thoughts cling to the words he said: "That is when God is with me the closest...comforting me...holding me tight...telling me how much he loves me." Thank you, Libby, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was an awesome video; so much insight and scripture and truth in it; thanks for sharing it; wasn't familiar at all with this project

    I think it is neat you go to a home church. Years ago my brother started attending a home church, its grown into a pretty big congregation, but he has fond memories of the home church worship they did

    We go to church on Saturday nights; the church we attend has 4 services, 1 Saturday, 3 Sunday morning. I find nothing wrong with going to church on Saturday; what matters is being with a body of believers worshiping Jesus and learning his word and fellowship together :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that video a couple years ago, too. Very moving, indeed.

    I, too, am part of a house-church. I love it! Tell ya what, how about if you and I each blog a post this week about what it is we like and dislike about house-church, about what kinds of things you do and don't do, etc. sound good? I'd like to hear your perspective.

    ReplyDelete