Monday, February 22, 2010

Bitter n Sweet

Well so you can't really see the dough under the bag but, I made up another batch of my triple butter chocolate chip cookies but, this time I decided to use healthy chocolate. These chips are made with 60% Cacao.... bitter rich. Intense chocolate but with a bite... bitter bite. However, that was just from eating the dough... when it was actually a cooked cookie it was pretty good... a little bit too dark, rich, bitter but, just a little.  I managed to eat several.  I take the regular Tollhouse cookie recipe, add almost 3 sticks of butter instead of 2, add oats and nuts and the entire bag of chocolate chips and then some white chocolate chips for diversity.... usually super rich and yummy.... I'm not sure if I will ever use such a high cacao content again though... I had to make these tonight, no delaying because my Valentine chocolates are all gone and as I mentioned in a previous blog, I get seriously ....what would be the right word....nervous.....when I don't have chocolate at hand.

The Cookie Thief

A woman was waiting at an airport one night With several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shop bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop. She was engrossed in her book but happened to see That the man beside her as bold as could be Grabbed a cookie or two from the bag between Which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene.  She munched cookies and watched the clock As this gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock. 
She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by Thinking "If I wasn't so nice I'd blacken his eye". With each cookie she took he took one too And when only one was left she wondered what he'd do. With a smile on his face and a nervous laugh He took the last cookie and broke it in half.
He offered her half as he ate the other She snatched it from him and thought "Oh brother, this guy has some nerve and he's also rude Why he didn't even show any gratitude".
She had never known when she had been so galled and sighed with relief when her flight was called.  She gathered her belongings and headed for the gate Refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate.  She boarded the plane and sank in her seat Then sought her book which was almost complete.  As she reached in her baggage she gasped with surprise There was her bag of cookies in front of her eyes:
"If mine are here" she moaned with despair "Then the others were his and he tried to share"
"Too late to apologize she realized with grief" That she was the rude one, the ungrateful, the thief.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...those cookies so wonderful! I actually like the higher cacao content, so I'm sure I'd have been in heaven. 3 sticks of butter?!?!?!?!

    Love the cookie story - It embarrassed ME while reading it. :)

    You made me laugh with the last comment you left on my blog. :)

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting to make the cookies with the healthy chocolate (of course in my book any chocolate is healthy, LOL). Sounds like they were somewhat okay with the finished product. We were at the store yesterday and I saw cinnamon flavored chips made by Tollhouse; hadn't seen that before

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Mark used that cookie story in a recent sermon! A good lesson for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this story before...It is a very good story. Thanks for sharing. :) Oh, and the cookie pic looks yummy! It makes me hungry for Chocolate Chip Cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE dark chocolate! Usually the darker the better. There was one time it was too bitter for me. I think it was 90% cocoa or something like that. But I love it dark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and yes we're still local...in Wylie!

    ReplyDelete